A good load

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
golfandwoodnut said:
smokinjay said:
17 ft 6 inchs was set in 2003 you blow it out of the water........66.625 in across
http://www.iup.edu/page.aspx?id=26615

Smokinjay, you made a mistake, this was from IUP (Indiana University of PA) I went to college their. It is in Pennsylvania, a common mistake is to think it is in Indiana.

yep, mobetter found the right site.

A few pics of my woods,

from the road,

A good load

entering the woods,

A good load

Our Casa is almost 1/2 mile off the road, behind the woods, 'bout a 100 yards from the center of the section. We like the privacy.

Here one from in the woods looking out towards the entrance.

A good load

Looking towards the Casa.

A good load

Around the curve, heading for the bridge over the creek.

A good load

I am truly a blessed Man, The Missus and I LOVE this place!

gzecc said:
Mobetter, could you post a picture of some of the oak that you think has been down for 20yrs. I processed some a while back and was wondering how long it was down. I would like to compare.

Here ya go,

A good load

'Nother, we only kept the stuff off the ground and solid, the rest we started two burn piles. There was more "crap" than good, but the good is burning like coal!

A good load

Here's one of my favorites,

Woods in the spring, freshly laid "crushed" #8 River Rock.

A good load

And a reason to leave some of the "blowdowns" on the floor!

A good load

Happy Holidays,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Mo

[/quote] It will stay right there as long as I can protect it. I reckon it could be over 300 years old. [/quote]

Nice, I would do the same thing.

And a reason to leave some of the "blowdowns" on the floor!

A good load

Happy Holidays,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Mo[/quote]

Oh, now that's sweet! I can't get to a mushroom around here before the slugs destroy em.

Here's one lightning blew the top clean off,

A good load

Going to use my home made Alaskan type mill and make some nice shelves for the Barn, I will get plenty of slab wood for the pile.

A good load

Anyone venture a guess on the species?

A good load

ISeeDeadBTUs said:
Um . . .yer land is so . . . . Um, . . .FLAT!!!

Farmers find it beautiful!

I like hills but ya can't win em all!

Looks like an Oak from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.