A Helping Hand

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
This evening heard from the 3-vendors with various prices, all include various parts, pipe, labor, delivery; etc.
Vendor1=P43 = $4200
Vendor2=AGP = $4800, Mt.VernonE2= $5300, (have yet to hear other prices, other models),
Vendor3=PPC90 = $2000, PP130 = $2400, (have yet to hear other prices, other models)
I've rounded each price up to nearest dollar

This evening heard from the 3-vendors with various prices, all include various parts, pipe, labor, delivery; etc.
Vendor1=P43 = $4200
Vendor2=AGP = $4800, Mt.VernonE2= $5300, (have yet to hear other prices, other models),
Vendor3=PPC90 = $2000, PP130 = $2400, (have yet to hear other prices, other models)
I've rounded each price up to nearest dollar
Hi
If you want a HHT Pelpro PP130 bargain, then here is a good used one in Worcester MA not a terrible drive. Approx 2.5 Hours?
$925.00 and maybe barter for less!
https://worcester.craigslist.org/hsh/d/pelpro-pp130-pellet-stove/6658051917.html

Attachments

• C9B035B8-9B7E-4838-B185-E34947C08770.png
    C9B035B8-9B7E-4838-B185-E34947C08770.png
    295.6 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:
Hi
If you want a HHT Pelpro PP130 bargain, then here is a good used one in Worcester MA not a terrible drive. Approx 2.5 Hours?
$925.00 and maybe barter for less!
https://worcester.craigslist.org/hsh/d/pelpro-pp130-pellet-stove/6658051917.html
Thank You Don,
Cost not something I need worry about, as, local "Heat-Squad" program footing the entire bill, Purchase/Install.
Just that any stove must be: EPA approved, 70%min Efficiency, 2grams p/hr. or less exhaust emissions, &; be offered new by local vendors.
I just have to make the final decision as to which model, that's the hardest portion for me. Still undecided.

Last edited:
Thank You Don,
Cost not something I need worry about ,as, local Heat-Squad" program footing the entire bill, Purchase/Install.
Just that any stove must be: EPA approved, 70%min Efficiency, 2grams p/hr. or less exhaust emissions, &; be offered new by local vendors.
I just have to make the final decision as to which model, that's the hardest portion for me. Still undecided.
One thing we can learn from that ad is a new blower fan was needed after about 3 years. I have seen 15 year old Harmans with the original blowers.
Granted it does depend upon how well the stove is taken care of and how often it is used but I also know that the Pelpro and the Quadrafire AE have plastic Convection fans and the Harman is all metal. That may be worth some investigation if your final decision involves durability. :)

One thing we can learn from that ad is a new blower fan was needed after about 3 years. I have seen 15 year old Harmans with the original blowers.
Granted it does depend upon how well the stove is taken care of and how often it is used but I also know that the Pelpro and the Quadrafire AE have plastic Convection fans and the Harman is all metal. That may be worth some investigation if your final decision involves durability. :)

At the present reading thru the various owners manuals for both the P43 & AGP. Both look to operate pretty much the same, with various settings. Myself, believe, liking the constant mode rather than auto-start/stop/start mode. The present stove (25-PDVC) is constant, also, I operate with the wall thermostat, adjusts automatically without start/stop/start feature. I'll admit, somewhat taking another look into sticking with Englander & go with the next model up (25-PDV), since I'm already comfy with operation of little brother. Chipping the end of auger/tube not all that bad, very quick. Convection Fans on both models are metal impellers. Ctrl-Boards very simple use. the (25-PAH) still of great interest, it too having larger room fan & ash pan, 1-augar. Guess my only real gripe with present stove, no ash pan, convection fan on the lower end of cfm ratings 140cfm. Otherwise Englander Stoves seem nicely built, much heavier metal use thru-out than many I've been viewing at the vendors, outside of cast units.

The steel used in the P43 is much stronger than that used in the AGP. The Harman also radiates the heat which no other stove does. The AGP also has a cutter disc and when it fails, the entire stove has to be shipped back to the factory in WA for replacement. It is a non field serviceable part according to my local Travis dealer but you may want to ask your local Travis dealer about that.
The Englander 25-PDV and PDVC stoves are very durable and rugged and will last if you take out the augers and clean them and grease the bearings every couple of years. They are basic and does not have an ash pan like the Harman. The P43 & the 25-pdvc have an optional hopper extension, not sure about the 25-PDVC. The 25-PDV does have a 60 pound hopper but is a real heavy weight that weighs in at 385 lbs so moving it around takes a little more muscle. Attaching a T-Star to either of those 25-PDV stoves only give Hi / Lo operation not On / Off. I really appreciate Stove with the T-Stat on / off mode in the fall and spring so the stove will shut down on those warm days and automatically start up when it gets cooler at night, plus I can control the T-Stat with my iPhone. :)
As for the higher 250 CFM Convection Blower, Yes it pushes out more air but not as hot so as far as heating goes, not much difference. The larger BTUs that the larger stove’s heat exchanger puts out makes the real difference. Just my 2 cents.
Just some food for thought.

Last edited:
The steel used in the P43 is much stronger than that used in the AGP. The Harman also radiates the heat which no other stove does. The AGP also has a cutter disc and when it fails, the entire stove has to be shipped back to the factory in WA for replacement. It is a non field serviceable part according to my Travis dealer.
The Englander 25-PDV and PDVC stoves are very durable and rugged and will last if you take out the augers and clean them and grease the bearings every couple of years. They are basic and does not have an ash pan like the Harman. The P43 & the 25-pdvc have an optional hopper extension, not sure about the 25-PDVC. The 25-PDV does have a 60 pound hopper but is a real heavy weight that weighs in at 385lbs so moving it around takes a little more muscle.

Got to admit I like a cage style fan, rather than old blade style if you will, these days all just about same material light weight blades/cages themselves. The P43 more traditional, like the present stove (Hvy Metal) bodies. I do like the AGP however for the cabinet style, easy panel removal. The HRD-disc is one area I've had my concerns. Cutting blade itself, doesn't look to be too hard to work with, found several different styles 1-straight blade, other, serrated offered. I have a hopper ext. installed on this 25-PDVC, which is very nice indeed. The 25-PAH already has the larger hopper (120lbs) which is very nice as well. Present augers not an issue, as, I remove both each yr regardless, I service both screws & their tubes, along with bearings etc.. During the "Heating-Season" I keep the end of lower auger & tube chipped away several times a month, thus, avoiding both the dreaded squeal & bind-up other seem to have in that regard. The 130-140 cfm ratings for both the P38 / AGP pretty much like my present output. Englanders larger brothers having cfm in the 250+ range really another enticing aspect. No matter what I choose will probably be buyers remorse, shoulda, coulda, why this, that, or the other thing... _g

If you don't want buyers remorse get the P43 especially since your not paying for it. Trust me been down this road, if you look at my sig. you will see all the prior stoves I have had and yes they all treated me very well but you can see I finally ended up with a Harman you won't regret the simplicity and set and forget of the Harman. This is coming from someone who was sort of anti Harman in the past but when I decided I wanted a stove with a bigger hopper and due to my stove being a corner install I was limited on stoves because of clearances so of my choices the Harman ended up being the same price as the other options and now that I have it I'm impressed with it. I love the room temp mode of how consistent it holds the house temp as it just does it's thing.

If you don't want buyers remorse get the P43 especially since your not paying for it. Trust me been down this road, if you look at my sig. you will see all the prior stoves I have had and yes they all treated me very well but you can see I finally ended up with a Harman you won't regret the simplicity and set and forget of the Harman. This is coming from someone who was sort of anti Harman in the past but when I decided I wanted a stove with a bigger hopper and due to my stove being a corner install I was limited on stoves because of clearances so of my choices the Harman ended up being the same price as the other options and now that I have it I'm impressed with it. I love the room temp mode of how consistent it holds the house temp as it just does it's thing.

Not sure why the Harman vendor hasn't offered any of the stoves outside the P-series, perhaps only models on the showroom floor, when I visited.