A little late summer splitting,about 150 red oak rounds.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
sat august 003.jpgsat august 004.jpgsat august 005.jpgsat august 009.jpgsat august 010.jpgsat august 011.jpgsat august 002.jpgsat august 003.jpgsat august 004.jpgsat august 005.jpgsat august 009.jpgsat august 010.jpgsat august 011.jpg sat august 002.jpg

A fair amount of some very good looking wood there . . . I like the woodsplitter.

Awesome! Looks like fun :)
You have a good supply of premium BTU wood.
When will it be ready to burn?

Great pictures.
(Just a tip, for my internet speed, thumbnail size pictures load faster, this thread took about a minute to download) :)

Splitting wood on a folding metal chair?
Must be more comfortable than a milkcrate;)

Love Red Oak - splits like a dream and is premium firewood when seasoned properly. Enjoy those BTUs in a couple of years.

Nice wood. I prefer to sit on an empty five gallon bucket turned over with a lid, don't forget the old folded up towel.:)

I have a camoflauge bucket with a padded swivel seat. It works great!

nice stack of oak there, bro. That'll be some premium BTUs in a couple years. It's gonna be a job, but make sure you send the 'after' pics when you get it all split and stacked......see you in a couple weeks!!;)

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
SCOTTY! Get back to work.
I see you over there.;lol
Wifes working, so I can't work out there tonight.....have to help get the kids ready for bed. Today was the first day back to school for them, they are having a little bit of a reality check with the early bedtime issue! >> I got to get into 'enforcement' mode. Back to the front room tomorrow evening, I'll keep pics of my progress.

Hear ya on the bedtime thing. The grandkids go back in about a week, and sleeping in until noon isn't going to work.
Glad they're living downstate. I don't have to listen to the whining.......
I guess we can cut ya a little slack for a minute.:cool:
And, HOLY BIG PICS, BATMAN!

Nice wood. I prefer to sit on an empty five gallon bucket turned over with a lid, don't forget the old folded up towel.:)

That's just a bit too high for me. I get much better leverage being a bit lower. Yes, the milk crate works just fine. :)

Ohlongarm, that is some prime wood! You are even splitting it the smart way. Congratulations! But please don't try to burn that wood this winter. Red oak around here get's 3 years in the stack before burning in the stove.

Reactions: AJS56
Longarm, nice looking red oak. Pics of splitter looked good until I see it was vertical. :eek:
Is it broke and down for repairs? There are rumors of one lost woodsman in Michigan who splits vertical but I believe the rumors about as much as sasquatch stories!
I see you also have a logrite peavy, how do you like it?

Reactions: weatherguy
Longarm, nice looking red oak. Pics of splitter looked good until I see it was vertical. :eek:
Is it broke and down for repairs? There are rumors of one lost woodsman in Michigan who splits vertical but I believe the rumors about as much as sasquatch stories!

:mad:

First thing I would do is move the splitter to the shade then hunt bucket and something to drink.

With rounds that size vertical is MY only option,but I couldn't have done it without that Logrite peavey what a great tool,will definitely save your back,rolled the biggest rounds with it under the splitter.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
I do the same thing longarm, split those big ones vertical. I just make sure none of the neighbors are watching! Lol....

I'm hoping Santa brings me a peavy this winter. I'm sure my back would thank me.

I was going to ask whether that was a cant hook, I could only see the handle.
I'm looking to get a peavey or cant hook myself to make lighter work of moving bigger logs.

Must be something about getting older, I seem to look for easier ways of doing things..........;)

Status
Not open for further replies.