A might cold out this evening...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SidecarFlip

Minister of Fire
Feb 7, 2010
S.E. Michigan
Below freezing here with some wind and the stove is chugging along, as usual. Got a feeling that it's gonna be a long, cold winter in these parts.........

Reactions: mustangwagz
just a suggestion... HR-9!! lol

Reactions: SidecarFlip
just a suggestion... HR-9!! lol

Leave it on 8 or 7 and dial up the PPH. 9 is too racy for me. It ain't a sports car you know................

lol, i dont think i can adjust pph on mine..

lol, i dont think i can adjust pph on mine..

You can't, I just looked, I have the board instructions for your stove as well. You need the 4 button digital readout board to alter the fueling rate, which mine will do from a default setting of 5.00pph, all the way up to 9.5PPH or popping the high limit snap disc, whichever comes first....and yes, I have a spare one in the shop, not sure it's viable but I have one. Can't remember why I replaced it or where I got it, but it is there, in a box, same version that I have USSC 25..

haha, dang! with time no worries, ill have me an updated board...wife actually said we oughta wait it out..she wants a bigger one that will hold more and produce more heat incase we need it to. so far, i like this clunky ole thing, it does it job pretty damn good!

Never got above 3 today. Got home to the friendly glow of a fire and the wisps of smoke-steam out of the vents. Forgot to turn the keurig off this AM so enjoyed another mug of coffee. December is sure starting out ugly.

Yep its cold out forsure just looked at the temp, 19* but nice and toasty inside!

Never got above 3 today. Got home to the friendly glow of a fire and the wisps of smoke-steam out of the vents. Forgot to turn the keurig off this AM so enjoyed another mug of coffee. December is sure starting out ugly.

Keurig...ya ever read up on them or tear one apart? lol just like some coffee pots, they're breeding grounds for some nasty stuff! Now i aint no germ-a-phobe but i just recently learned about them and how some coffee pots are made..kinda nasty! lol

Well, we have one too and it makes good java. The missus just runs something through it ocassionally. I don't mess with kitchen stuff.

Now, I'd question Tim Horton's coffee......;?

Lets see, that means it will be here on Thursday and Friday is opening day for muzzleloader and I'll be out with the front stuffer. I have a nice spot by a standing corn field where the deer are feeding. It's already loaded with 100 grains of Blackhorn and a 250 grain saboted Barnes Ballistic tip. All it needs to be viable is a 209 primer.

Have to try out my new Kuiu wardrobe and merino wool undies......

Still haven't been north to my property yet to hunt there, I'm not greedy. one is enough actually. I look at it as keeping them off car's bumpers......Multiples would be donated to the local food pantry (after they were professionally butchered and frozen).

I guess we can hope for an early spring and lots of Morrels.

Reactions: Wildo
Folders instant freeze dried. Just add hot water with 2 heaping teaspoons in large mug. This will wake up anybody.

That stuff looks and has the consistency of Allant Unique Shotgun and Pistol Powder and packs about the same punch too.....:)

Reactions: TonyVideo
My kind of person.... I'm 100% about function, why I have an ugly stove (USSC 6039HF) and burn corn too. A black stove with a black door and no fancy trim......

Got down to 15 here last night. Spring looks good already.

Little warmer this evening, about 26 (F) with a light wind and high ceiling. Not looking forward to endless days of sub freezing temps.

Status
Not open for further replies.