A Neighbor with too much wood is a friend indeed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jay106n

Minister of Fire
Apr 1, 2015
Litchfield County, CT
Nothing crazy here. No snowpack this March so I took advantage of the conditions to increase my wood supply. I have an awesome friend and neighbor who cleared some more trees this spring and has no use for the wood as he is a coal burner. He needs the wood gone, I need the wood, and he generously offers me the wood. I couldn't be more grateful. I picked up three loads this afternoon, and more to come.

Load #1 solid load of ash and white oak

IMG_7101.jpg

Load #2: Black Cherry rounds (its buried), and tree tops of the white oak, along with a maple. More tops in this load than I prefer, but its free oak and beggers cant be choosers.

IMG_7106.jpg

Load #3: Back to the good stuff, mostly hard maple rounds

IMG_7107.jpg

Its a 5.5 foot bed on the truck so on three loads I estimate around a half cord in total.

Last edited:
Sweet...cannot beat that!

Nothing crazy here. No snowpack this March so I took advantage of the conditions to increase my wood supply. I have an awesome friend and neighbor who cleared some more trees this spring and has no use for the wood as he is a coal burner. He needs the wood gone, I need the wood, and he generously offers me the wood. I couldn't be more grateful. I picked up three loads this afternoon, and more to come.

Load #1 solid load of ash and white oak

View attachment 195678

Load #2: Black Cherry rounds (its buried), and tree tops of the white oak, along with a maple. More tops in this load than I prefer, but its free oak and beggers cant be choosers.

View attachment 195679

Load #3: Back to the good stuff, mostly hard maple rounds

View attachment 195680

Its a 5.5 foot bed on the truck so on three loads I estimate around a half cord in total.

I hope you left him a case of beer.

Picked up 7 loads today like this. Logs were too big to lift so I quartered them with the splitter. And yes I left him beer.

IMG_7325.jpg

Reactions: Jan Pijpelink
I wish I had neighbors like yours! Mine usually steal wood...