A question about remote (?) hoppers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

cwise

Aug 16, 2017
TEXAS
Hi, so I'm doing research for my dad. He has a fireplace and he wants to install a pellet stove insert in it. He swears that he saw some homes being built that had pellet stoves with hoppers for those stoves located in the garage. I've tried to find something comparable but so far I've come up short. I'm not real familiar with pellet stoves so maybe I'm not looking in the right place. Does anyone have any idea what he might be referring to and if so, where would I go to find one? Thanks so much

Sounds like a pellet furnace, as opposed to a stove, to me. From my understanding (which is very scant) those are routinely set up for bulk delivery (i.e., no bags) of pellets. However, I am unsure of the delivery system for remote storage.