A Refractory Coating From Outer Space

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Huntindog1

Minister of Fire
Dec 6, 2011
South Central Indiana
I never thought of it, but there are ceramic coatings that people put on things like pistons, heads and exhaust manifolds that reflect heat. I don't know how they are applied, but if it can stick to a piston then it should do well on a stove. An application would add to the cost, but might decrease CTC on the walls or so and direct the heat out the front.

Eh, all stoves are made at a price point. They all have cheapenings that could be corrected. A bit of fiddling with our stoves could undoubtedly make them much more efficient. I did a lot of tweaking with the Century, but not so much with the Englander.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.