A small idea enlarged into a big idea from a simple stove to a whole new room with construction..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Progress. That's all that shows, the last 4 pictures. It looks like the clearances are covered. Is the carpenter going to box in the cut ceiling joist?

Last edited:
Yes the box up top has been squared in and will take better pictures later--right now too busy and will get back at another time with more pictures...Waiting for the Boulder rock remover people to get here with the cat and been disappointed now three times so we will see how this goes,,,Thanks Eaten and yes it is coming along...clancey

Congratulations, Mrs. Clancy! It’s looking nice.

It finished for now everything is closed in and insulated as well. Three windows, two doors and french doors, concrete flooring. It dry walled and cemented board and electricity ready for the covers and it is finished all but the painting and a few odds and ends--trims are up inside and outside and most of all my wood burner looks so beautiful and it has a neat blower kit with two burners on top and a 200 cast iron cover that is shiny and beautiful --------everything is installed and ready to go.. They picked up the boulder stones and later a few weeks I will attempt some other stones small size for the path to keep my yard from being muddy. The walls behind the stove (cement wall stuff) is up but the tile or stone will have to wait for a while longer. Maybe 6 months in the future..Tomorrow I will take some pictures and right now it is just too dark outside even unfinished in look its a beautiful room even with the dry wall patch on the floor in spots..The outside will be painted grey to match my house and later I will put my security bars on the outside part..The first week of June this room will be finished and we will start a small wood shed for the yard as well as a small roof over the basement entrance. I will have black iron rain railing as well with a 36 inch open space for the door and the other side is level with the driveway.. I will try to take pictures tomorrow and I love my stove..Thanks everyone for the encouragement and this job is just about finished...clancey

Reactions: Nate R
Thanks everybody and here are pictures from today..

Stove installed May 7th.2021 005.JPG Stove installed May 7th.2021 006.JPG Stove installed May 7th.2021 007.JPG Stove installed May 7th.2021 010.JPG Stove installed May 7th.2021 011.JPG Stove installed May 7th.2021 013.JPG Stove installed May 7th.2021 014.JPG Stove installed May 7th.2021 012.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the cooktop! It looks very easy to clean.

Underneath that cast iron plate are the two cook tops and I have a little silver type of handle that lifts them up and it is easy to clean and it is black enalmed cast iron plate that fits the stove pipe and very heavy as well..Glad you like it spacebus...Looks like it could cook some bacon...(in the mood for bacon)...Now you people are going to be upset with me because all that scrape wood that I had from this build I recycled and got rid of it for it made my yard too messy until I build a nice little wood shed and have some good kiln dried to start my first fire with and i do not no when--lol--need to get my nerve up with this fire building...lol...I wish I could have shipped at that wood to someone on here that likes 2.4 pine wood and it had nails in it too the carpenter just left in there--ugh..dangerous it was and I am just too old to fool with it and the young man across the street was "sometimey" ,my word here--he might show up for work or he might not..lol Glad you people are liking my stove and room...thanks..clancey

Congratulations. Time to post the stove pics back in the main forum thread. Is it cold enough at night to light a fire?

okay and I'll find that stove thread and continue from there and see if I can get a few of these pictures on there....clancey