A solution for those impossible-to-get Vermont Castings remote controls?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Hi. Robert
Yes we can work something out.
Nel:
I have the same remote honeywell rt8220A-2. The display works fine but no longer connects to the fireplace. I've tried re-synching it with no luck. Do you have anymore of these? Not sure if these remotes can be fixed. I'm new to this site so I apologize if I'm asking this in the wrong area.

Patriciag

UPDATE!
About the Vermont Castings/Honeywell remotes.
I have sold all of my used remotes that I had, and any remotes that I get in the future, I am going to save for my local customers.

I do have some of these valves, that I got to work again by swapping parts off of other non working valves.
I assumed in the past that when these valves go bad, it is always a fault in the control module on the bottom of the valve. I just recently discovered that the pilot solenoid, and main burner solenoid go bad sometimes. So I swapped parts on the valves, and now have some functioning valves again.

Reactions: Nel
UPDATE!
I have sold all of my used remotes that I had, and any remotes that I get in the future, I am going to save for my local customers.

I do have some of these valves, that I got to work again by swapping parts off of other non working valves.
I assumed in the past that when these valves go bad, it is always a fault in the control module on the bottom of the valve. I just recently discovered that the pilot solenoid, and main burner solenoid go bad sometimes. So I swapped parts on the valves, and now have some functioning valves again.
FF;
Re: Vermont Castings - RV8310D,E Receiver/Valve (Propane)
Perhaps I have a bad solenoid, I have the propane version. I am on my second remote, …. Starting to act up again. Everything seems to work however it often will not shut down when reaching the set temp, …. Say 70, …… it will sometimes heat to75 or 76 then shuts down.
Does it make sense that this could be a valve problem and not a problem with the remote?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nel
Looks like my transistor on remote “burned out” anybody know of anyone who repairs these or has electronic diagram?

UPDATE!

Good job.
Head scratching .
Works

Reactions: Clayt
Unfortunately my problem appears to be the remote because the valve continues to blink that it is good. I guess i am still looking for a remote. Unless it could still be a problem with the valve? Valve works in local.

So were any of you able to get a remote from member Nel? How was the price. I need one but find it concerning that someone claims to have so many, so want to hera from actual buyers before trying to get one.

Hey I happen to have a brand new Honeywell RT8220A remote. This one has a Kozy Heat name plate where you have the Vermont Castings plate. It's brand new in the box. Part # on the box says rt8220A1081 and 700108. Does anyone need it? I'm in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

Hey I happen to have a brand new Honeywell RT8220A remote. This one has a Kozy Heat name plate where you have the Vermont Castings plate. It's brand new in the box. Part # on the box says rt8220A1081 and 700108. Does anyone need it? I'm in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
I live just outside of Winnipeg. How much are you asking?