Accentra 51i Glass Cleaning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ej123

Jan 1, 2023
New York
While filling the hopper, the plastic pellet bag leaned up against the glass, and I now have a piece of burned plastic stuck on the outside of the window. I know the mirrored glass is really a ceramic, so I wanted to check before I tried to scrape it with a blade! Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Make sure the stove is completely cold before you attempt to clean it. My wife stuck her feet up to the glass and melted her socks to it. It scraped right off when it was cold.

Make sure the stove is completely cold before you attempt to clean it. My wife stuck her feet up to the glass and melted her socks to it. It scraped right off when it was cold.
Thanks - what did you scrape the glass with? I don't want to damage the mirror

Reactions: jackman
Thanks - what did you scrape the glass with? I don't want to damage the mirror
I can't recall the need to use anything more than my usual stove cleaner. It's a product called Awesome available for $1 at the Dollar Store.

Reactions: ej123
While filling the hopper, the plastic pellet bag leaned up against the glass, and I now have a piece of burned plastic stuck on the outside of the window. I know the mirrored glass is really a ceramic, so I wanted to check before I tried to scrape it with a blade! Any suggestions?
Thanks!
It's really mirrored?