Accentra 52i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My end quote was $5500 for stove, zero clearance, log kit, vent pipe. Thats the best they could do and I asked 4 different dealers so thats what I'm going with. Only big issue is I will have to install myself, but with a few others on here I hope to get some good feedback on what to do and not to do. As I already have gotten some good info from fellow members.

Finally got her home today. Now for the install.

20141213_003718.jpg

Nice stove

My end quote was $5500 for stove, zero clearance, log kit, vent pipe. Thats the best they could do and I asked 4 different dealers so thats what I'm going with. Only big issue is I will have to install myself, but with a few others on here I hope to get some good feedback on what to do and not to do. As I already have gotten some good info from fellow members.

I think you did pretty good. I just had the same stove installed 2 months ago and my cost breakdown was as follows:
52i stove = $3899
upcharge for enameled brown = $800
log set = $71
delivery = $140
Factory discount = $100
Total for stove with tax = $5096

Install was:
All parts (zero clearance, pipe, thimble, OAK, et) $982
Labor (remove old gas unit, install OAK and ZC) $1155
shipping, Tax, misc = $127
Total install $2263
Total with stove was $7360

How does this compare with others??

One other thought, my installer was very experienced, been to several Harman classes, and he had a bear of a time getting the back piece aligned such that the stove would slide in and fit correctly. There were several nicks in the finish as a result. It does not take much to damage. Take your time and think about putting some tape along the mating surfaces till you get it right. I am replacing the door as we speak due to a large chunk of the enamel coming off.

I think you did pretty good. I just had the same stove installed 2 months ago and my cost breakdown was as follows:
52i stove = $3899
upcharge for enameled brown = $800
log set = $71
delivery = $140
Factory discount = $100
Total for stove with tax = $5096

Install was:
All parts (zero clearance, pipe, thimble, OAK, et) $982
Labor (remove old gas unit, install OAK and ZC) $1155
shipping, Tax, misc = $127
Total install $2263
Total with stove was $7360

How does this compare with others??[/quote
Got mine in June intalled price for everything was$5200

Installed price in June was $5200 with the brown enamel

not zero clearanice installed in my existing fireplace I think that having it installed in June made a difference too seemed eager for my business and had a very good experience with them

So i have my OAK from harman but it didn't come with any pipe just outside house intake and the part for stove. What size/kind of pipe do i use? Standard 3" flex?

Pricing for mine was $3599 minus Harmon $100.00, no sales tax, $220.00 for the exhaust liner, forget how much the OAK was, but I used 3" aluminum flex by 5' long? Also have $25.00 in a homemade rail kit. Brown enamel is very nice, I was unhappy with the paint job on my 52i so I repainted it prior to install, all good now.

Insert is in just need the pros to stop out and ok everything for warranty purposes. Went smooth didn't chip enamel finish with the helpful hint of putting masking tape on edges it saved me a few times. Overall I am satisfied with how everything went together it looks nice. Need to finish stone work and put up a mantel. Picture don't do this insert justice I will post more soon.

fire.jpg

The pros stopped out and ok'd everything wooo wooo. Its up and running and the house is getting toasty, todays outside temp 10° so this couldn't of happened at a better time. What a way to bring in the new year. Thanks everyone for all your help on helping me achieve a self install. Now just to complete the stone and my living room will be back to normal. Cheers
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Reactions: Ctcarl
Nice job your gonna love the way that harman works and happy new year to ya

The pros stopped out and ok'd everything wooo wooo. Its up and running and the house is getting toasty, todays outside temp 10° so this couldn't of happened at a better time. What a way to bring in the new year. Thanks everyone for all your help on helping me achieve a self install. Now just to complete the stone and my living room will be back to normal. Cheers
View attachment 149031 View attachment 149032 View attachment 149033 View attachment 149034
You gonna just run the stone up flush with the back casting?

Very nice install and that is a very good looking stove. Not nit picking just throwing out some info. Your bottom plate on your framing should be CCA or PT Pressure Treated 2 x 4. Anything that touches steel or concrete requires PT wood. No big deal at all and you are more than fine. Nothing to worry about. Just an educational bit many DIY's overlook and will likely get DINGED on by the inspectors.

Enjoy that stove and get some more pics up when you finish it all up. Had to go all fancy on us and enamel it and all. You uppity Harman folk. Not sure what I'm going to do with Y'all...........

Very nice install and that is a very good looking stove. Not nit picking just throwing out some info. Your bottom plate on your framing should be CCA or PT Pressure Treated 2 x 4. Anything that touches steel or concrete requires PT wood. No big deal at all and you are more than fine. Nothing to worry about. Just an educational bit many DIY's overlook and will likely get DINGED on by the inspectors.

Enjoy that stove and get some more pics up when you finish it all up. Had to go all fancy on us and enamel it and all. You uppity Harman folk. Not sure what I'm going to do with Y'all...........

Well thanks I've been working hard on it just didn't have as much free time around the holidays. The bottom plate is on wood that is painted white so it may look like concrete but it is not. I know about framing some and if it was not pressure treated on concrete it would not last. The enamel finish is what makes the wife happy more appealing since this is in our main living room. Temps here are -8 today so this thing is definitely doing its job. I'm happy and warm.

For some reason it looked like concrete to me. Likely because I didn't see wood and the paint explains that. Even better still! Our forecast just changed for the worse and colder. Not MN bad, but cold, cold. YUK!

I've been to the twin cities although it was in 1993-95. Dated a gal from Stillwater, MN back in the day. We would go up for the holidays so I know how nasty cold the weather can get there. When the water in your eyes is slushing up and snot freezes in your nose it is a wee bit chilly.

I am with you on the project time getting thwarted. I was trying to get my second stove installed. I am also finishing the area of the house its going in so it's not just a cut a hole or two and slam it in. Your install is a bit more than a standard install project too but at least you had a finished space to start building your hearth and fireplace set up in. Too many interruptions here as well and I kinda turned into a holiday slacker. Time to get back to it though. Good Luck!

Regular lumber is OK on concrete and steel or should I say better IF in a controlled environment. Still not right, but better. Cool steel and concrete attracts moisture which rots wood. I have demo'ed very old regular wood from locations like described and it was as good as new. Then I have also pulled out new wood and it had the consistency of a mushroom. Maybe someone else will see this and take note. I learn something here every time I surf.

Last edited:
So I haven't been on here in awhile and wanted to post some updated pictures. I am extremely happy how everything turned out I only need to finish a few trim items. I put black abs pipe from back of TV to the floor so I can run some cables, also the 3/4 plywood behind TV is removable if I ever need to access the stove pipe or electrical wiring. On the left side of fireplace I mounted an outlet so in case I plug something in that is on top of mantel like christmas lights I dont need to run extension cords also located there is a dimmer switch for two can lights mounted in ceiling. Let me know what you guys think and I'm thankful for all the advise that helped me accomplish this.01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg 06.jpg 07.jpg

That looks great and I'm also considering placing a TV above my Accentra insert. Alas, I don't have the option of recessing mine.

Turned out nice. I'm thinking about replacing my old Lopi wood insert with a new pellet insert before nest heating season. We shall see???

Status
Not open for further replies.