Accentra Insert blown fuse

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mpuzacke

Dec 12, 2010
west. connecticut
Woke up this AM with stove off and no power light on panel, found blown fuse. Had cleaned burnpot day before and emptied ash pan. Restarted stove with no problems. Hours later found blown fuse, few ashes in burn pot and no unspent pellets. Thought auger must be jammed. Had pulled stove out of hearth, removed front door, etc. replaced fuse and turned on test mode.Distribution blower and combustion blower worked fine…....power light on for auger and igniter…......no auger movement, realized without frond door on pressure switch dosent close and auger and igniter wont work if I interperet schematic correctly. Installed door and closed it…......flash, blown fuse. Removed auger motor and auger and found jammed pellets , freed auger moves with no resistance now. Reinstalled new fuse, tried again,........flash. same thing…...Thinking now the motor must have shorted out during the jam, I replaced motor, (replacement motor did not have shaft and fan lade on the back of it, just a plate assy. whats up with that).....reinstalled ned fuse, tried again….......yup, you gessed it flash…..........Now Im confused. AnyIdeas on this one?......I know shorted out wires will lead to blown fuse conditions, but the stove was originally in hearth and running fine…....Not unless igniter crapped out which I have not checked out….....................HELP!!!!!!!!!

igniter is shot. unplug igniter and start stove. if fuse dont blow that verifys it

I would check your ground. make sure the green wire is plugged into the stove and the contact is good. Then check your wall outlett for a ground.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.