Accentra Not shuting down in Room Temp Mode

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a problem last year with my Harman that is very similar to yours. I first replaced the room sensor and the ESP but it did'nt help, and the stove still would'nt shut down. I got a hold of a great dealer (that did'nt sell me the stove) and they replaced the board. I purchased my stove in 2008 and was on the very last days of the warranty for electrical - Harman covered it! It worked and has been flawless ever since (knock on wood). The dealer told me they had other customers that had the same problem so they were familiar with the cure. Good Luck.

So what was you stove doing exactly? Please describe, i really dont what to purchase something that isnt going to fix it.....

i know i've wrote alot on this thread but I came home to my stove running on room temp auto and the convection fan or distrubition fan was off and the stove was at idle and status light was on. So I thought why not pull one of the legs of the room sensor off the rear of the stove and plug it in. So i did, and after i plugged in the the leg I just unpluged the status light went off and the stove is shutting down. So does anyone think its the board?? just putting that out there......any thoughts please i'm all ears....

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you lineman. My stove wasn't shutting down. After it was running and room came up to temp it would idle down and run and run and run (that low fire maintenance burn). It would not shut off. I had the dealer who sold it to me suggest the esp might be bad so I replaced it to no avail. Also I replaced the room sensor which didn't help either. Yep it was the control board that took care of the problem I was having. I don't know enough about these stoves to tell you a new board will fix your problem, I'm just giving you my 2 cents worth and hope it helps.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you lineman. My stove wasn't shutting down. After it was running and room came up to temp it would idle down and run and run and run (that low fire maintenance burn). It would not shut off. I had the dealer who sold it to me suggest the esp might be bad so I replaced it to no avail. Also I replaced the room sensor which didn't help either. Yep it was the control board that took care of the problem I was having. I don't know enough about these stoves to tell you a new board will fix your problem, I'm just giving you my 2 cents worth and hope it helps.

Hey thanks...sounds like how mine is running....just thought it was odd to unplug on leg of the room sensor and plug it back in and it began to shut down....oh what year is your P68??

I got my stove in 2008. One igniter and one control board so far. But I do love my stove and I really love NOT buying propane anymore.

Lineman- I know this won't help but I wanted to let you know that my stove does the exact same thing (and it's a 2010, so not that old). I've been following along hoping for a solution.......hopefully one comes about! :)

Lineman- I know this won't help but I wanted to let you know that my stove does the exact same thing (and it's a 2010, so not that old). I've been following along hoping for a solution.......hopefully one comes about! :)

really....so maybe i'm just crazy...!!_g

I see that there is a dip switch setting for the for the room sensor differential. I might try checking this on my stove.

Well good one.... Looked on my old board and it was off.....went to a great dealer and he actually let me borrow a new board to try without paying.. So I'm trying it out now.... And he said if it doesn't fix it bring it back.... And I've got a new esp coming to try as well. He called tech support and they said more than likely ESP but he thought could be board. So the dip switch could be the culprit. Time will see

Well, here is what i've come up with why my stove doesnt shut down on room temp/auto. ITS THE CONTROL BOARD. I came across a ESP today for $25 at a local harman shop that doesnt know much. So I changed the ESP while ago and its operating the same as with the old one from the stove. So i'm going to purchase the board that another shop let me borrow and enjoy my winter with all new parts!! Thanks again for all the ideas and suggestions

My dip switch is off also. I'm going to give my Advance a good cleaning this weekend and move the switch to the on position and see if it makes a difference.

I
My dip switch is off also. I'm going to give my Advance a good cleaning this weekend and move the switch to the on position and see if it makes a difference.

I moved dip switch #6 and there was no change on the old board. What I was told by harman was the newer boards have new software that causes the stove to shutdown quicker and processes the data differently.

Let me know how your new board works out for you then, as well as the part number. I think the Accentra and Advance use the same board.

Status
Not open for further replies.