Adjusting firebox size in a big stove/aka Anyone want to buy a cute little englander?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Kat,

I don't want to say I told you so, but!

Last year I mentioned you should get the 30 when you were looking for a stove. I also remember someone saying that bigger is not always better when it comes to stoves. I knew you were going to be better off with more heat! I'm sure you'll be happy with the big boy. Congrats, better late than never.

Now if I can only follow my own advice, and get the right amount of wood for next year, I won't have to run the furnace like I'm doing now! :blank:

When I arrived home from work today stove was sitting in my shed
heartbeat.gif

vcburner you did tell me so but last year I couldn't find a 30 locally, or online for less than 1200k plus shipping and after the install I couldn't swing it.

[quote author="~*~Kathleen~*~" date="1299215229"]When I arrived home from work today stove was sitting in my shed
heartbeat.gif

and you're not hooking it up yet???

That's exciting Kathleen! I think I'd be bustin' a ......well, working my butt off to get that thing hooked up and running asap.
We'll wait imp... I mean patiently for the install pics.
Where'd you get that thumpy heart thing? Pretty cool.

Doilies have been discontinued. We now offer a colorful linen surround skirting to make your stove more feminine. LOL

Hogwildz said:
Doilies have been discontinued. We now offer a colorful linen surround skirting to make your stove more feminine. LOL
:lol:

Dave it's going to sit in the shed for a bit. I'm going to finish out the season with the 13. I want to do some work in the hearth over the summer and put the 30 in before next season starts.

Congrats on the new heater.

Measure the legs on the 13 and the 30. The 13 may have six inch legs where the 30 ships with nine inch. If the 13 has sixes you may wanna use them in that fireplace.

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
When I arrived home from work today stove was sitting in my shed
heartbeat.gif

vcburner you did tell me so but last year I couldn't find a 30 locally, or online for less than 1200k plus shipping and after the install I couldn't swing it.
That's great! It's ok, at least you get to have the joy of having another new stove arrive for the second season in a row! Congrats.

Dreamy, fer sure. Rick

Hogwildz said:

K, congrats !!! I'd pass on the Hogs skirting, how ever :)

It's the burn times of the 13, it's good for about 5 hours of heat. It's awesome for that heat.

A 2 CF firebox wood be nice. The burn times from the 13 to the PE are quite vast.

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
Hogwildz said:

It's the burn times of the 13, it's good for about 5 hours of heat. It's awesome for that heat.

A 2 CF firebox wood be nice. The burn times from the 13 to the PE are quite vast.

.2 CF makes that much of a difference?

kingquad said:
Hogwildz said:

Yep, it's bumps you up to 8 - 10, 6 - 9 in reality :)

kingquad said:
Hogwildz said:

Yep, it's bumps you up to 8 - 10, 6 - 9 in reality :)
Do you think that's because of the extra firebox size, or because of PE's secondary burn technology? Seems that .2 CF would be kind of insignificant.

It does have a different secondary combustion system and also has more insulative pumice firebrick and a differently configured firebox.

Congrats on the new stove!! I love new stoves. I wish I didn't like the 2 I have so much so I could get a new one.

Damnit, you wimnem got no sense of style!
You'll see, you'll regret not taking my skirting LMAO
Now you can let those stoves sit naked, without flare........hair flip.........

Hogwildz said:
Damnit, you wimnem got no sense of style!
You'll see, you'll regret not taking my skirting LMAO
Now you can let those stoves sit naked, without flare........hair flip.........

Ha !! You can only do that because your hair is longer than mine ;-P

K, that stove is gonna heat like a beast and look right pretty on that hearth (I remember your hearth, quite the stunner !!).

Status
Not open for further replies.