Advice needed with fireplace insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexey

Dec 26, 2012
Chateauguay, Canada
Hi everybody!
had been reading the forum for couple of days, got my head and eyes broken,gave up, so decided to ask for help.
Looking forward to buy and install a wood fireplace insert for my house:
Its a bungalow, 1200 sqf main floor and the basement. My existing fireplace opening is located in the living + dining room and its exterior wall. There's a hallway leading to the bedrooms just in front of my fireplace.
My goals: get enough heat to heat the main floor , burn overnight, and not regret about my investment.
some things i doubt if i can leave the insert burning when I'm not home for 12 hrs. If it's secure...
I was looking at the PE inserts.Ended up with Alderlea T5. but figured out its pretty much the same as Super insert, just the appearance...Other brands and models look the same to me, it's just the look, and size of the burning box.
have a budget of 2000-2500 taking in mind i will do the job myself. don't know if here in Canada prices are higher the in US...
thanks for any help!

The T5 insert is a good choice. It should be up to the task. The budget though seems a bit slim for the fancier Alderlea model. Have you priced the cost of installing a liner too?

One thing these stove really like is dry wood. Do you already have a good supply of split and seasoned firewood?

T5, is good looking insert, i agree. But exept for the look isnt it the same as super insert ot summit?
I've got an estimation for the PE super insert including the liner installation -2300$ .
Have no idea how much the T5 alderlea would cost.
Dealers are closed till Jan the 3rd.
I dont care abot the look even though my wife does.
I need it to be hot even that hot i have to open windows in the winter

Wow dealers closed until January 3rd. Come south I know quite a few dealers open here.

T5, is good looking insert, i agree. But exept for the look isnt it the same as super insert ot summit?
I've got an estimation for the PE super insert including the liner installation -2300$ .
Have no idea how much the T5 alderlea would cost.
Dealers are closed till Jan the 3rd.
I dont care abot the look even though my wife does.
I need it to be hot even that hot i have to open windows in the winter

Yes, the inside of the T5 insert is the same as the Pacific Super. At $2300 your dealer is giving you a very good quote. Double check to confirm that includes a full liner to the top of the chimney and not just a stub. The Super should heat 1200 sq ft very well as long as it's fed good dry wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.