Advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Trey1979

Feeling the Heat
Sep 20, 2018
Mississippi
Can anyone tell me if they have a boating forum and if do what its called i use taptalk are something if that matters

2018 drolet ht2000

Can anyone tell me if they have a boating forum and if do what its called i use taptalk are something if that matters

2018 drolet ht2000
I got alot of knowledge on wood stoves here and could use some knowledge on a john boat

2018 drolet ht2000

I think a Jon boat is one of those square tubs with a small outboard on it, that folks use for lake and bay fishing and crabbing, so maybe try a fishing forum.

Of course, it’s likely someone here is into them, the depth and breadth of collective knowledge on this forum is vast.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpaceBus
They're generally flat water boats. There pretty stable for fishing, walking around, etc., but will slap you silly in a light chop due to the flat bottom slapping each wave vs cutting it.

Nice starter price though. I prefer a modified v such as you find in aluminum row boats, but I'm on water that gets wind driven waves. Depending on the water your on, they can be perfect.