Affordable 6" chimney choice???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Really? even when twist locked and band installed properly? Something I'll have to look out for I guess. I usually have the opposite problem, getting them back apart after they've been in use for a while- of course there is usually no reason to take apart.
Yes on selkirk. I dont think i have had duravent come apart with the band on right. But why bother with the band that can be put on wrong. Just put a few screws in each joint no way to do it wrong really.

Most had bands on the duravent ones lock much better. The selkirk ones really dont lock very well

I agree the twist lock on the Supervent could be more positive. I would not rely on that alone to hold the sections together, but it seems pretty solid once the bands are in place IMO.

I agree the twist lock on the Supervent could be more positive. I would not rely on that alone to hold the sections together, but it seems pretty solid once the bands are in place IMO.
Not when compared to many other chimneys

Not when compared to many other chimneys

Good to know. I have had one issue with the supervent- on the through the roof install it was possible for rain water to follow the vertical seam in the OD of the pipe right through the roof flashing and collect in the support box. I had to run a thin bead of silicon along this seam to stop the leak. I think Supervent has solved this issue by now however.

Good to know. I have had one issue with the supervent- on the through the roof install it was possible for rain water to follow the vertical seam in the OD of the pipe right through the roof flashing and collect in the support box. I had to run a thin bead of silicon along this seam to stop the leak. I think Supervent has solved this issue by now however.
Not on their lines with a crimped seam no. And your chimney may never come apart. I clean hundreds of chimneys a year. I am bound to find issues.

Not on their lines with a crimped seam no. And your chimney may never come apart. I clean hundreds of chimneys a year. I am bound to find issues.
The TLC line has laser welded seams. I wish they would do that on all their products.

Haven't found it that cheap. $75 at Menards.....

I've bought a bunch at that $54 price but the best I've seen lately is $75 with a 11% rebate. The lower price was a couple years back.

Reactions: mjstef