Aftermarket Blower for T5?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kparker

Sep 16, 2016
Northern California
I need to add a blower to my Pacific Energy Alderlea T5. The price of the OEM blower is outrageous.

Has anyone successfully installed an aftermarket blower on either this or a similar stove? If so, where did you source it?

Thanks a ton.

I need to add a blower to my Pacific Energy Alderlea T5. The price of the OEM blower is outrageous.

Has anyone successfully installed an aftermarket blower on either this or a similar stove? If so, where did you source it?
Thanks a ton.

There is an aftermarket unit available, but it costs nearly as much as the OEM (looks the same as the OEM).
Depending on your install you might be able to do something to assuage the problem. After burning our stove for 8 yrs. w/o a fan, I was considering buying a fan unit. We have a corner install, where an old Fisher used to sit. Looking at the clearances, I found I could easily place a small table-top type (6-7") fan on the floor behind the stove. I bought a little 3-speed "Honeywell" for this placement. I then took a piece of snap together stovepipe & cut it a bit to fit & shaped it to roll up into the rear stove cavity -- sort of a 90 degree w/a nice slow corner roll to the metal. That little fan moves considerable air -- maybe not like the OEM unit would, but gets some serious air-flow going. I have purposely over-fired the stove (or almost so), & then turned that fan on high for a bit & the stove cools right down -- so it is very effective in that respect, as well. (Usually run the fan on "low", or needing the heat, on "med". "High" is a bit noisy -- the sheet-metal flashing vibrates some. )

So, yes, I have done an after-market conversion. Inexpensive & effective. $15 fan & ~$10 piece of stovepipe.
Here's the link to the after-market kit--> http://www.stove-parts-unlimited.com/Aftermarket-Blower-Kit-for-Pacific-Energy-p/mfk-pwb.htm

Reactions: Squisher
Status
Not open for further replies.