Aftermarket surrounds

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnbaby

May 19, 2011
Southern nh
In my quest for wood insert I've come across some that I like, However the insert surrounds look very bland. Is there a place that anyone knows that has decorative surrounds

Most of the decorative surrounds are made to go with specific stoves and made by the stove manufacturer. After market ones are usually flat metal with some form of trim. That said I have seen people put the flat metal surround connected to their stove. Then they customize a decorative surround from another brand stove to mount on the flat metal. The flat metal fills any gaps between the surround & the stove.

Don't know what insert you have considered so I cannot be more specific. Look at each insert manufacturer to see what their surrounds look like...

KaptJaq

Tell us what you like, there are often dressier versions. For example, the Enviro Kodiak has the Boston and Venice line with a cast iron surround, the Pacific Energy Pacific line has the Alderlea T5 with cast surround, the Regency i2400 has the Hampton HI300, etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.