Agitator squeak

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

vinny11950

Minister of Fire
May 17, 2010
Eastern Long Island, NY
Before this season, I used regular grey anti-seize on the agitator for my Enviro M55. Then this season I remembered I had copper anti-seize leftover from when I did the exhaust in my Jeep.

I figured I'd try it since it is rated for high temp. Squeaks are now gone. Even after 3 weeks of continuous burning, no squeaks. The regular grey anti-seize would only be squeak-free for about 1 week and then need reapplication.

copper.jpg

I don't know what the silver stuff has in it, but the copper colored stuff does have copper in it, which may explain its durability. I sorta doubt that the silver stuff has silver in it...

Reactions: vinny11950
I don't know what the silver stuff has in it, but the copper colored stuff does have copper in it, which may explain its durability. I sorta doubt that the silver stuff has silver in it...

Yeah, it's hell to take off the fingers, though!

BTW, if anyone wants to try it, you don't need to buy the big bottle like in the picture. Instead you can go to an auto parts store and buy the small envelopes they have by the counter (Pepboys does).