air flow gate..Serenity

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thanks a lot I've been running it for a month and a half and just wanna make sure it's ok
Is the flame lazy, yellowish as a well as tall looking? Not much heat as there should be? If so, you may want to adjust the flame as I stated before.in #20 above.

Ok thanks a lot I've been running it for a month and a half and just wanna make sure it's ok
Is the flame lazy, yellowish as a well as tall looking? Not much heat as there should be? If so, you may want to adjust the flame as I stated before.i
Its not lazy looking it just looks like a tall steady flame and on 1 it gets pretty hot in the house

n #20 above.
Go to #1...stand by burn.. I can heat my 1500 sf house down to about 35 degrees on.#1. Burn less pellets. More ash on glass though. The serenity is a super stove!

Ok, I'm still pretty new to the whole pellet stove thing.
I pulled a big ol' clinker out of the firepot after oh...2 or 3 bags. I had forgotten to shake out the fire pot prior to each use as the manual recommends.

To avoid this, I should adjust the air flow gate by pulling "out" on the tab?

Ok, I'm still pretty new to the whole pellet stove thing.
I pulled a big ol' clinker out of the firepot after oh...2 or 3 bags. I had forgotten to shake out the fire pot prior to each use as the manual recommends.

To avoid this, I should adjust the air flow gate by pulling "out" on the tab?
What brand of wood pellets?

I have nearly a ton of Cheat River, but I also bought 10 bags of Lignetics, and it's mostly the Lignetics that I've been burning.

I've been reading reviews of different brands of wood pellets online...(waaaaaay too much time on my hands, apparently)
The reviews seem fairly worthless. Every brand I read about has many negative reviews, and some positive reviews. It's impossible to know if these folks are cleaning or operating their stoves properly, or if they have a stove that's up to the task.
When you factor in that pellet manufacturers may get their wood from different sources year after year, it seems that you pays you money and you takes you chances. Pellets that were great this year, might suck next year. You folks that buy SIX TONS of pellets really have my sympathies!

I've re-adjusted my air flow gate and I have the option of adjusting the exhaust fan as well. The problem isn't that bad, I only have a little clinker after 24-36 hours. I got that big one because I never shook out the fire pot at all, for at least 3 bags, and that's my fault.

It's all good. I'm having fun learning, the stove is working out very well and my new bride and daughters really like the warmth after the last two years of shivering. My very old beagle even seems happier.

Stick with it Ajax your getting the hang of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.