Alpha pump rotation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aka.bugle

Mar 25, 2008
Endless Mtns, PA
Can't it be horizontal and discharge to the left?
Screenshot from 2013-11-22 19:45:29.png

Looks like they're only talking about the power head orientation. For Canadian Standards Association Enclosure Type 2 then power head should be oriented so arrow button is on the bottom and 'Grundfos' reads right side up. Power head screws on any of four ways, so get the volute pointing the right direction and then screw the power head on right side up. (Motor horizontal.)

Yes. Make sure the circulator motor axis is horizontal and the inlet/outlet axis is horizontal or vertical, pointing whichever direction it needs to go. Three of my four alphas point to the left. I did not adjust the motor orientation. If you have the line cord version you will want to provide additional strain relief by securing the wire in place rather than letting it dangle.

Thanks... I know it would have been stupid if it couldn't, its just the document was lacking clarity. do prefer the terminal box to cord tho'. (I can always put a cord on it) cheaper too.

Status
Not open for further replies.