1. SMD

SMD
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 12, 2017
    Loc:
    Batesville, IN
    Hi,

I've been running a woodgun E200 for 7 seasons- it's done great for me. Now I am building an outside garage that will take some heating, and I am moving the woodgun to this garage so I can get the mess and fire danger out of my house.

Considering upgrading the e200 to an e250, but wanted to get an opinion or two from here before doing so. What are my options for a unit similar but better than the woodgun? Meaning I can throw wood in it, turn the switch and walk away? Needs to be pressurized, and I love the DHW coil in the wood gun.

Thanks,

Andrew

2. Chris Hoskin

Chris Hoskin
    TarmSalesGuy 2.
    NULL

Aug 29, 2008
    Loc:
    Lyme, NH
    I'm not aware of anyone else still making a wood boiler with a tankless coil option - anyone? The Fröling S3 and Effecta Smart boilers that we sell require thermal storage and would be good choice if that is what you are looking for. The S3 is especially easy to use. I don't think Econoburn requires thermal storage and I'm not sure about Varmebaronnen.

3. maple1

maple1
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 15, 2011
    Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    Varm does.

4. TCaldwell

TCaldwell
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 26, 2007
    Loc:
    860-868-9014 h 203 948 0864 c nw corner ct.
    Switzer custom wood boilers does

gfirkus likes this.
  5. Buzz Saw

Buzz Saw
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 18, 2014
    Loc:
    Attica, Ohio
    Why does it have to pressurized? Couldn't you run an open system with a water to water heat exchanger?

If you go open a GARN fits the bill of throw in wood, light fire and walk away.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

6. JohnDolz

JohnDolz
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Dec 29, 2015
    Loc:
    Burlington, CT
    I am a big Effecta fan. As far as throw wood in and forget it, I can say that I travel for days at a time, I just make sure we have wood indoors and my wife starts 1 fire a day (2 on the coldest days) and we never use propane - doesn't get much easier.

7. SMD

SMD
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 12, 2017
    Loc:
    Batesville, IN