American harvest 6100

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

coopc32

Sep 26, 2021
Ohio
Hello I have had a ton of luck getting all my problems solved here
Any how I currently run this stove on a thermostat at Hr 3
I’d like to run it at HR 4. But while the stove is running it won’t allow me to change the heat range up? Is there something special I need to do in order to increase the heat range
Thank you

I have a USSC 6500 hooked up to a thermostat and I have no issue changing the heat level settings while it is running. This is the first I have heard about this. Interested to hear what you find out.

The older 6100 board versions only has 3 heat settings HR 1-3 Low Med High. I believe newer ones do come with 5 heat ranges. Can you move heat range from 1 to 3 or 3 to 1 with stove running if so it is not a button problem it is board version. You could also try resetting the board:
Factory Defaults: To return the control to its original factory default settings, Press and hold the
AUX UP and AUX DOWN buttons together for three seconds.

Your furnace’s heat output can vary from Hi to Low by adjusting the settings on the control panel (located on the lower
left-hand side of the furnace). The “HEAT RANGE” setting will vary the auger systems feed rate (i.e. fuel to combustion
air ratio) and has three settings, low / medium / high. This is indicated by displaying a Hr-1 thru Hr-3 under Heat Range.

If your trying to get more heat out of stove you might have to increase feed rate using CcodeC3:

6100 C Codes
To Adjust the Operation Constants, Press and hold the MODE and AUGER DELAY buttons
simultaneously for 3 seconds. The display will show “C-1”. Use the HEAT RANGE UP or HEAT
RANGE DOWN buttons to change the constant number (see the list of values below). When the
desired constant is displayed, Press the ON button to toggle between viewing and editing the
values. While editing a parameter use the AUX UP and AUX DOWN buttons to adjust the value to the
desired point, then press the ON Button again to return to the constant number list. Press the OFF
button to exit the adjust operational constants mode.

 C-3- Fuel Lbs. Per Hour HR 3(0-8.0) – This is the fuel rate in pounds per hour for a heat
range setting of 3.

Attachments

• 6100.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Ok that makes sense with only having three heat settings. I can go from three to one and grime one to three no problem
I’ll add a little fuel to bump my heat up
Thank you a ton

Reactions: ARC
Write down the current feed rate so you can always return to it if higher feed rate does not work out. When you go to the c codes and toggle to C3 it will display the current feed rate.

Reactions: Mt Bob