And So, It Begins ...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dix

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
35 - 40 F here in Icy Hollow tonight.
IMG_0600.jpg
Good time for a test run.
IMG_0601.jpg

Welcome back Dix! The chill is on! Now get the filly on here too.

• Haha
Reactions: Dix
39 here this morning, house is down to 65 but it should recover by late morning, I generally love this time of year, cooler nights = better sleep for me and more ambition to do things outside, also the mosquitos are finally gone!!!

also the mosquitos are finally gone
They never left us last winter it seemed. AC still cycling here. Yard work is seemingly possible after 10am.

Agree that it’s a great time of year!

If I get motivated tomorrow is chimney cleaning day

Reactions: EbS-P
We lit our cookstove this evening. The house just wasn't getting above 67f without help today.

Reactions: EbS-P
Welcome back Dix! The chill is on! Now get the filly on here too.

I have tried, BG, I have tried. She cut her teeth on the13, with pine & mixed hardwoods.... she's got a clue ;)

Reactions: begreen
It was 37F here this morning...I LOVE these cooler temps!
Hubby and I have a tradition of not turning on the furnace until we get "really close" to
Thanksgiving (because the first year of renovations the furnace didn't arrive until the 2nd week
of Nov! LOL)
I wish I was home today to light up our burner!

Looks like it's the season for morning cookstove fires. I lit the stove this morning after feeding the chickens.

49F this morning. I fired off some electrons.

Reactions: stoveliker
Back to 75 F here today. This morning 52. A sweater and waiting for the sun to help was enough. (Watching baseball of my son was cold though at 9 ...) No electrons needed yet.