And we're burning....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, 2 months already. We're about 80 bags in and I'm pleased to say things are working quite well. Once a week I scrape the burn plate and empty the ash pan, every two weeks I scrape down the burn chamber and brush out heat tubes also.
This may be one of the best investments we've made. Usually by now we've burnt through 2 cord of hardwood and all the hassles of a wood furnace (mostly the up and down stairs every few hours). I'm not really looking forward to that over the next couple months, who knows, maybe the eco65 will get us through the whole winter (january and february we usually see temps in the -25 to -35°C) but the cost factor will play there pellets being so much more expensive than cordwood.

Okay, had to convert the celsius...but yuck....I am glad we don't see temps like that in NJ....glad to see you are doing well with the stove...I am too...love it...my house was built in the 1800s as well...so old and drafty, but the pellet stove is keeping things nice and toasty.

Reactions: Michael6268
We get to the -25C (-13F) on a regular basis. Only remember getting to -30C (-22F) once (actually it was -24F, but close enough). course on the really cold mornings, I try to avoid looking at a thermometer. It's dang cold, I know it's dang cold, and dress accordingly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.