Annual Cleaning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

camdids

Just had the Chimney Liner cleaned out. Had about a Coffe Can full. Burned about three and a Half Tons. The Guy told me that was about right.
Decided to give the Stove a Clean myself. I went through the Harman Cleaning Proceedure from there Web site. The only issue I have is How do I clean the Distribution Blower. The Instructions and photos make it look like the stove is up on a car Lift. I cant get my Hand Under the stove .

if thats your install in you avatar you might want to recruit some muscle and pull the stove out, tilt it back and prop up the front to get at the Dist Blower. If you've got an elevated hearth i suggest a small stack of 2x4's to support the front when you pull it out. Harman has like a scissor jack type thing but some wood works just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.