Another critter i.d. please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Sailrmike

Feeling the Heat
Sep 20, 2017
20211208_153159.jpg20211208_153224.jpg

This guy was petrified under my dresser. There was a live one in my bar sink this morning, they jump! Any ideas? It's got stripped legs like a spider, but those long "antennas " threw me off. Tia

Cave cricket

Reactions: Sailrmike
Agree, cave cricket - we call 'em camel crickets - Got tons of them in out 50's era bomb shelter - could never figure out what to do with it -

Reactions: Grizzerbear
Good thing there weren't any bombs.........................LOL
First time I opened the Bilco doors 10 years ago, the spiders squinted at me and waved. I HATE spiders. Tossed a Black Flag "life-b-gone" down there, waited a week, and finally got the Moxie to see if the previous owners used it to store their gold doubloons. Nothing but 2" of mud.

There was actually an old toilet and sink (and a 3" waste line) that were plumbed from the house - and the remains of a 2-wire phone line. Not sure how they thought Ma Bell and the power company were still going to be around. I appreciate their optimism, but I think its was probably an ngmi situation...

Reactions: rottiman
These crickets find ways to enter my garage (at same level as my basement which has the stove) these days. Can see them waiting for me to open the door between garage and warm basement... Hop hop into the basement if I'm not careful when I'm getting firewood...

Last edited:
Reactions: rottiman
These crickets find ways to enter my garage (at same level as my basement which has the stove) these days. Can see them waiting for me to open the door between garage and warm basement... Hop hop into the basement if I'm not careful when I'm getting firewood...
Thanks for all of the replies! @stoveliker I have a very similar setup, with an oil boiler in the garage too, all kinds of life looking to get in lol

Reactions: stoveliker