Another fisherman here

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnAP

Jun 17, 2012
I've had a Papa for 3 years now but wasn't sure if it was a MB or PB until doing some reading here a couple of days ago. When I first bought it in FL I couldn't find much info but thanks to hearth.com and the fellow fishermen and especially coaly I am an informed owner. Working out of town right now and can't wait to get home and take some pics and measurements of them. I say them because we moved to MO last year with Papa and happened upon another fisher. It's a double door stove, not an insert, so it's either a grandma, grandpa or XL. Might be a few days but I'll upload some pics of each to the appropriate stickies to help further the ID of these things. Won't be able to roll them on their side/back but I'll see what I can see underneath for numbers. Inside doors not a problem.
John

Hi John, The easy way to tell a Grandpa from a Grandma is the space between the trees at center of the doors.

Grandma comparison.jpg Grandpa comparison.jpg
Most stoves from that far south (Florida) are from Fisher Stoves Southeast in Georgia. You may find initials welded on the bottom of that one along with the stove number.

Status
Not open for further replies.