Another Insert ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tolyn Ironhand

Jan 22, 2009
Twin Cites, MN
I have been looking for a good fireplace forum and it's looking that this is the place. :)

We have a older (late 70's) brick and block fireplace and would like to get an insert. I have been looking around all over the net and Googling my head off but can't seam to find what I want. Is there an insert out there that uses outside air for combustion? Seams like using room air for combustion in just a waste of already heated air.

Most newer inserts do. They use air from the ash cleanout of your fireplace. Look at the Pacific Energy inserts. My advice is find an insert you think might work and then look at the manual it will give you the details.

search the forum for insert and OAK (outside air kit)

Status
Not open for further replies.