Another Older Buck Blower Problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MBorland

Just bought a house with free standing Buck stove. Believe it to be either 26,27,or 280000. Pictures all match the manual for that. Anyway, the blower works fine on manual, although LOUD. Started a fire, had fan on auto, no fan. After about an hour, it came on, appeared to be on full throttle (could feel it blowing across the room and LOUD). Ran about 10 minutes then stopped.
I was hoping it was just the switch, but I am guessing it's the thermostats. There are 3? How easy/hard would it be? Am I just nickle and dimeing replacing parts? Should I just have someone come out and diagnose it the right way?

The blower should be removed, cleaned thoroughly and oiled. There are 3 thermostatic snap switches. It sounds like the mid-speed one has died. I would replace all 3 at this point.

If its not too late call servicesales.com for any parts for that stove