Another one bites the dust

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

kappel15

Minister of Fire
Sep 14, 2014
Iowa
Went down stairs last nite to empty ashpan on the AE. Fan was running and there was corn in the pot. Pulled ashpan, and there was corn in there too. Got to looking and didn't see a glow between the doors like usual. Yep. Lost an igniter. Switched stove to off, so it wouldn't waste any more corn and decided to wait till I got home from work today. Put a new one in and decided to put the new wire harness with inline fuses in while I was at it. Been procrastinating on that one for a while. Fired it up and good to go! Always good to have spare parts. kap

It's always best to wait for the coldest temps of the year to do those jobs. :rolleyes:

Happens like that more often than not.... Life has a sense of humor.

I was thinking of changing the oil in my Jeep this coming Saturday, on the driveway - Maybe not.

Happens like that more often than not.... Life has a sense of humor.

I was thinking of changing the oil in my Jeep this coming Saturday, on the driveway - Maybe not.
Ya, you have our cold air coming at you towards the weekend. To bad a guy can't figure out how to change it while letting the engine run for heat...

Reactions: kappel15