Another question about the Freestanding Quest Plus stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ro3bert

Dec 4, 2010
New Fairfield, CT
As I mentioned earlier I took the back plate off the stove to look inside the thing.

I noticed from the very start (when I got the stove) there was a tube about 1-1/2 “ dia at the lower left (looking from the top) and always thought it was meant to be connected to the outside for combustion air (it never was). I also thought it was connected to a fan inside the stove but low and behold when I got the plate off there was no connection to anything inside so what is it for? Another model maybe?.

As it is for ten years now the thing has been drawing warm house air into the burner and exhausting it top the outside of the house. I’d like to somehow connect the burner to get it’s air from outside the house but now have no idea how to do that (put the stove out doors?).

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.