Another tiny blue flame problem - Jotul Allagash

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidS77

Jan 29, 2008
Connecticut
I started up my Jotul GF 300 DV Allagash for its sixth season of light use and the flame was no more than a third of the usual height and all blue. The manual said that this may be due to too much air flow, and to reduce the airflow I should move the stud under the stove back. However it was already as far back as it would go. A serviceman came and spent two hours and was unable to make any improvement. Any ideas?

Remove the burner pan & with a 1/2" (or 13mm) wrench, remove the burner orifice. You will probably find a spider's nest behind it. Looks like a white diaphragm. Use a pipe cleaner or a Q-Tip to remove it. Reassemble & you should be good to go...Lemme know it the problem persists after this procedure...

Status
Not open for further replies.