Any advice for grinding out the weld "blob" inside the stovepipe outlet on my Englander 30?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, that's why most of the suggestions involve fixing the problem and not crying to the stove seller. Sounds like the dingle berry is common so a new stove might be the same way.

Sounds like we've basically arrived at: If it bugs you, grind it out. If not, notch the stovepipe. Rick

the applicable question is...

have you contacted my shop yet? i just ran across this thread sorry for taking so long. please feel free to contact me to see what the deal is with the unit and the most effective way to deal with it.

stoveguy2esw said:
the applicable question is...

have you contacted my shop yet? i just ran across this thread sorry for taking so long. please feel free to contact me to see what the deal is with the unit and the most effective way to deal with it.

There's an interesting concept.
CALL THE COMPANY! >:-(

I didn't mean for this to turn into a dealer-bashing thread. I ground the bump off with a grinding wheel. Fired the stove up for the first time yesterday. This is a wonderful stove.

heus said:
I didn't mean for this to turn into a dealer-bashing thread. I ground the bump off with a grinding wheel. Fired the stove up for the first time yesterday. This is a wonderful stove.

good to hear , sorry for the inconvenience. was actually hoping you would call so we could discuss it. if you ahve it taken care of and the unit is functioning as expected thats great! please feel free to contact me if you run into anything in the future

To add lasting value to this thread.... can it be expected that every englander collar will have a dingle berry that needs to be ground? Is this a common issue?

Glad you got yer wart ground off.

Just picked up a new 30 today, from Home Depot. No berry on my collar.

gasavage said:
Just picked up a new 30 today, from Home Depot. No berry on my collar.

Send it back. Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.