any body try these

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sgt2x

Oct 28, 2014
long island
Forrest pride pellets. There available just wanted to know if anyone has tried these

Haven't tried them but just spoke with Bethlehem Coal (I was on a list for when their shipment came in). She told me that it is a mixture of 65% oak and 35% pine, I believe from the Virginia area (could be wrong on that, but from that part of the country). Less than 1% ash and 9,000 btus. She quoted me a price of $385/ton or $375 per ton for two tons, plus delivery.

Maybe someone who knows more about pellets can weigh in with this additional info.

Sounds like a very good Pellet made by Lignetics... low ash..
pulled this from Google...

FOREST PRIDE PELLETS
MADE BY LIGNETICS
OAK & DOUG FIR BLEND
-.46 ash

Attachments

• 00M0M_bB6z2gods0_600x450.jpg
    00M0M_bB6z2gods0_600x450.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
Haven't tried them but just spoke with Bethlehem Coal (I was on a list for when their shipment came in). She told me that it is a mixture of 65% oak and 35% pine, I believe from the Virginia area (could be wrong on that, but from that part of the country). Less than 1% ash and 9,000 btus. She quoted me a price of $385/ton or $375 per ton for two tons, plus delivery.

Maybe someone who knows more about pellets can weigh in with this additional info.

Did u use them and how did they do

No I didn't. I had my name on a list with Bethlehem when I was shopping for pellets. They were sold out and told me they'd call when they came in but I found other pellets in the meantime.

Only a one bag sample, but I burned them yesterday and last night. It was colder than it's been here, but they did not throw anywhere near the heat as the heat'rs I've been burning have. Burning lacretes today and tonight to see if it's just the temp drop or the forest pride pellets.

After burning lacretes last night, there was a very noticeable heat difference both last night and this morning. I can't see how forest pride could be 9000 btu's.

What I've burned so far is;
Lacretes at 8700 btu
Heat'rs at 8400 btu
North American pellet at 7900 btu
I would put the forest pride around the North American for heat, less ash though.

*disclaimer*
I have no way to test btu's, nor do I know what I'm doing, but I did have 3 cups of coffee this morning. YMMV

Reactions: Skier76
Sounds like a very good Pellet made by Lignetics... low ash..
pulled this from Google...

FOREST PRIDE PELLETS
MADE BY LIGNETICS
OAK & DOUG FIR BLEND
-.46 ash

I don't care how good they are, at 385 a ton, I will burn cheapo's.

WHOA!!! ]
Well over 100.00 a ton more than I would ever pay for any pellets..but that's me..
good luck with them... really..
for that price the bags should fill the hopper themselves..>>

I don't care how good they are, at 385 a ton, I will burn cheapo's.

Matter of fact, I would turn gas furnace back up and use it, instead of paying $385 a bag. Either way if I'm going to get racked, I will have to do nothing to run gas furnace to stay warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.