Any help would be appreciated

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mainah1

Jan 17, 2011
Far Northern Maine
Not sure if I am posting this in the right place, but here goes anyway. I just recently purchased a 2500 sq ft house in northern maine. It is currently heated with oil forced hot air. I am thinking of purchasing a combination wood/oil furnace. I am looking at 2 makes/models. The Benjamin heating product and the Caddy furncace from PSG. Does anyone know anything about these two stoves? Has anyone had bad/good luck with either? Thanks in advance for any information.

I have a Benjamin cc500 oil/wood boiler, (not furnace)....been using for 5 years.

If you plan to mostly heat with just oil...and wood occassionaly...its not a bad unit...if you plan to use wood, and the oil as backup I would look at something else...it is not very efficent as a woodburner IMO

I have switched mine over to an OWB....

M

Planning on heating with mostly wood, it's free for me. I need to get a furnace that uses one flue only due to insurance laws. And where I am living I can't have a outdoor wood boiler due to town regulations. Thanks a lot though

What town up here has reg's on OWB? Which i'd stay away from anyways.

Sit back and learn/research your wood burner. You'll get a lot of "opinions". i have a gasification wood boiler. Heat a 1800sq/ft, 2-story house, on top of a windy hill. Use about 6 1/2 cord a year. Even if you have your own wood supply, don't buy a cheap model.

Welcome to the site. I'm located on the southern end of the "County"

Status
Not open for further replies.