Any idea what this new England Stove Works Control board goes to?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

I just inherited this brand new England Stove Works Control Board. What does it go to?
Sticker with yellow dot says
England stove 2004
0000x91-02

Not sure what number the x is because the top half is covered by the yellow dot! @#@$!

x=-3 or 5 maybe?

The main IC chip clearly says
CPM-EPM
Rev 6

Side of Transformer says
England 2004
1138 0162

Please help see pics

Click on pic to enlarge

Attachments

• IMG02344-20120413-1249.jpg
    IMG02344-20120413-1249.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG02345-20120413-1249.jpg
    IMG02345-20120413-1249.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG02346-20120413-1250.jpg
    IMG02346-20120413-1250.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 236
Call Englander and give them the info, especially the revision #. They'll know what it fits.

Call Englander and give them the info, especially the revision #. They'll know what it fits.

Hey Pete

I also got a 2.4 RPM auger motor with the board.

Merkle-Koriff Industries
B4415 /B4415UI
P/N CU-047042
115v 60HZ 0.40 A
Z P Class "B"
ES3737 M SL10411

So I just looked it up and it is for your stove! Maybe the Control board is to? Does your board have the same info and chip?

This Merkle-Korff on the England Stove Works Web Site
http://www.englanderstoves.com/store/10-CPM.html
CU-047042 2.4 RPM Motor (4 lbs. each)
$130.98
2.4 rpm auger ('feed') motor for our Multi-Fuel unit - models with 10-CPM, 49-SHCPM, 49-SHCPML or 49-TRCPM in the model number.
ALSO is the auger ('feed') motor for the pellet utility furnace (models with "PUF" in model number) AND the Pellet Auxiliary Heater (models with 25-PAH, 55-SHPAH, 55-SHPAHL or 55-TRPAH in the model number).
ALSO is the stirrer motor (turns the stirrer) for the Corn Stove - model numbers 10-CDV, 49-SHC22 or 49-TRC22.

What year did the CPM come out? Was it even made in 04?

The design of their stoves has not changed since 2004 so that could mean it is the latest board. Since the main chip says CPM on it I highly suspect it is for the 10-CPM unit!

They changed a lot of things that year (auto ignite added), but I dont think the CPM was made that long ago. I may be wrong. Although it would be one heck of a coincidence if it wasnt for the CPM. But CPM could stand for something (Computer Module)??

Just guessing? I thought it was like 08 when the new generation stoves came out? Again. Until Mike comes along. Its all guessing? (My manual says rev 01/08 on it)

Hello

I am now very curious where your pot stirrer motor plugs into the control board? This board still says Lower for the Bottom Auger Motor but when you think of it, the function of the pot stirrer is exactly the same! So what does it say on your control panel where the pot stirrer motor plugs in?

Hello Again

Being an Electrical Eng and a Software Programmer, I just got a good idea for that nice control board and I know you guys will really appreciate it!

If I put that board in a stove that did not have a pot stirrer or a lower auger feed motor that has atleast 1 Amp of nice 115v ON when the stove is running and feeding pellets, then it would be very easy to run those terminals on the board to an AC outlet on the back of the unit. This AC outlet can be used for some nice RED chaser LED Rope Lights for the Hearth!

Heck since LED lights do not take much current you guys could run them with the Pot Stirrer! That way you get a nice visual effect when the Pot Stirrer is operating! Then we can add a nice female voice synthesizer and a couple of beeps that goes like this when the stove is Started:

"Beep Beep - Kennis hunny your pellet stove Melissa is now on and operating properly to keep you warm and toasty" !

You can change the names of course to whatever you wish and also add more sound effects to make your stove into a real R2D2 Pellet Stove!

Hey Don. You may be right. My board says England's Stove 2004 then CPM C807A? ? Numbers are small.

Hey Don. You may be right. My board says England's Stove 2004 then CPM C807A? ? Numbers are small.

Maybe, can you also see where the Pot Stirrer Motor wires are connected on the board?

Maybe, can you also see where the Pot Stirrer Motor wires are connected on the board?
Worked 12 hrs today. Came home and looked real quick. Im in the house now, but after work tomorrow, I will look for you.

My guess is that CPM stands for Corn Pellet Model.
The stove model (CPM) most definitely stands for something like that.... I was dead set on thinking that his board was 8 yrs old and not for that model.

I was thinking it stood for something else on Dons board, because of the age (2004). But apparently, my board says the same thing. So his board may not be from 2004 and may be for a CPM (Corn Pellt Model / Corn Pellet Multi)?

No, the 10-cpm uses a 1 RPM auger motor for the feed and the stirrer:

www.englanderstoves.com/store/10-CPM.html

That is strange because this is what it says on the ESW web site. It says it is for your CPM auger feed motor and the old CDV Corn/Wood stove pot stirrer?

So the CPMs have a faster feed motor for corn? Then it slows down to 1 RPM for wood pellets?
Is that what the chip program does?

It makes sense because there is a jumper on the Magnum Baby Countryside control panel to slow the feed motor down for wood pellets. It came setup for corn and that is why people have had so many problems with them around here! No corn fields up this way! LOL

Just checked the Magnum site. Looks like they use 2 RPM for Corn and 1 RPM for wood pellets?
RP2022 Auger Motor AC, 2rpm
Models: MagnuM Baby Countryside AC, MagnuM T40 Fireplace Insert AC, MagnuM T40 Queen Ann Leg Unit AC, MagnuM Winchester AC, MagnuM Winchester AC Fireplace Insert

CU-047042 2.4 RPM Motor (4 lbs. each)
$130.98
2.4 rpm auger ('feed') motor for our Multi-Fuel unit - models with 10-CPM, 49-SHCPM, 49-SHCPML or 49-TRCPM in the model number.
ALSO is the auger ('feed') motor for the pellet utility furnace (models with "PUF" in model number) AND the Pellet Auxiliary Heater (models with 25-PAH, 55-SHPAH, 55-SHPAHL or 55-TRPAH in the model number).
ALSO is the stirrer motor (turns the stirrer) for the Corn Stove - model numbers 10-CDV, 49-SHC22 or 49-TRC22.

Attachments

• CU-047042_CU-047044.jpg
    CU-047042_CU-047044.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 124
Don, looks like you were correct on the 2.4 RPM speed on the 10-cpm feed motor.

I saw the 1 rpm auger on the parts list, but that is for the stirrer only and didn't realize there was another motor listed farther down the page.

I never checked the rpm timing on my feed motor when I had it out for cleaning/lubing.....guess it's another thing I add to the end of the season cleaning list.

Don, looks like you were correct on the 2.4 RPM speed on the 10-cpm feed motor.

I saw the 1 rpm auger on the parts list, but that is for the stirrer only and didn't realize there was another motor listed farther down the page.

I never checked the rpm timing on my feed motor when I had it out for cleaning/lubing.....guess it's another thing I add to the end of the season cleaning list.

Yep looks like 2 RPM for Corn and 1 RPM for wood pellets. How about 1.5 RPM for a 50/50 mix? LOL

the "EPM" chip designates the board as used in the CPM, the EP or the PAH (they all use the same motherboard but the CPM uses an expander board as well). the CB-04 is our stock motherboard. the mode setting determines what stove the board is used in mode 1.5, and 6 are CPM modes 1 is pellet, 5 is corn, and 6 is cherry pits. mode 2 is used in the EP/EPI and mode 3 is PAH, mode 4 and 7.8,9 are not used

rev 6 is the current revision chip we are using today

the "EPM" chip designates the board as used in the CPM, the EP or the PAH (they all use the same motherboard but the CPM uses an expander board as well). the CB-04 is our stock motherboard. the mode setting determines what stove the board is used in mode 1.5, and 6 are CPM modes 1 is pellet, 5 is corn, and 6 is cherry pits. mode 2 is used in the EP/EPI and mode 3 is PAH, mode 4 and 7.8,9 are not used

rev 6 is the current revision chip we are using today

Thanks Mike, I had a hunch it was for a 10-CPM so it does have the Auto On/Off ! Hmm!

Also Mike can you explain why the 10-CPM stove used a 2.4 RPM Feed motor? Is that due to multi-fuels?

feed sequence is different due to the single auger , runs an 8 second cycle rather than 16. just a different animal alltogether. all of our single auger systems (except the CDV) use the 2.4 rpm motor the CDV uses a 4 rpm but its a much smaller diameter auger so it needs the extra speed to feed consistantly

feed sequence is different due to the single auger , runs an 8 second cycle rather than 16. just a different animal alltogether. all of our single auger systems (except the CDV) use the 2.4 rpm motor the CDV uses a 4 rpm but its a much smaller diameter auger so it needs the extra speed to feed consistantly

Interesting, Is the ON time still 5 secs at heat setting 9? That would give 3 secs for the off time at 9.

Interesting, Is the ON time still 5 secs at heat setting 9? That would give 3 secs for the off time at 9.

depends on the mode setting, each stove has different "air fuel" makeups due to design configurations. i'd have to check the chart to say exactly what they are in each mode i believe off the top of my head they all range between 3 and 4 seconds on depending on mode. note also that the combustion blower "rpm's" vary slightly as well based on mode to conform with optimal air/fuel mix in the various stoves that board runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.