Any Jotul Dealers out There

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterMagoo

Sep 2, 2008
Western CT
Well, here's my problem:
I bought a Jotul F500 Oslo, brown enamel finish last week and when it was delivered, there was a 1/2 long inch chip on the side door jamb, not visible when the door is closed. In addition there was another 1/2 long blemish (a series of white spots) on the top plate. There was another blemish high up on the side I would describe as looking kinda like a 2 inch long black line, as if someone marked it with a black Sharpie. It would not rub out.

My question is this:
The dealer, somewhat angrily, told me that all jotul stoves come w/ some flaws. It's just the way it is. I figured that I'd call Jotul but after a week of trying and leaving messages for 2 different people, it is unlikely that I'll get an answer from them. I just want to know what level of finish quality is acceptable? Since Jotul will not answer me, any Jotul dealers out there that can tell me.

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

MM

The Preston Trading Post in Preston, CT is a Jotul dealer.

I'm not a dealer but it sounds like a load of bull to me. Probably bad handling on their part. I would ask your dealer to put you in touch with the their regional sales rep.

I think we went through this last week. As I stated before, a $2000 plus stove should have no marks or damage, imperfections, period. Tell the guy you bought it from hes full of SH==. Too bad you didnt inspect it before you shelled out the $$$. I can set you up with a dealer in Michigan if that would help you

Thanks FHS.

He told me that when he gets me a replacement I should come down to the store when they uncrate it and inspect it. Since I've never bought an enamel stove before, I just want to know what is acceptable. I want to be fair.

Groundhog said:
I would ask your dealer to put you in touch with the their regional sales rep.

My dealer gave me the phone number of the rep for this area and gave me the exploded parts drawings from their catalog so whenever I needed parts or info I just called the rep from home and cut out the middle man.

I can set you up with a dealer in Michigan if that would help you

Hanko, would that be Heat N' Sweep in Okemos?

Yes that would. Have you delt with them?

Hanko said:
Yes that would. Have you delt with them?

Yes, for parts only. It's been some time since i've needed them as they gave me all the info to get my parts without them. That said, when I last dealt with them they didn't deal much in Jotul but did help on service.

they have allways seemed to push the VC and dutchwest jobs. Ive bought two stoves from them, one being a DW the othe a jotul. my sons bought one, my brother, and my dad. They dont bend on the price much and sometimes take a day or two to return calls, but for the most part Ive found them friendly and good to deal with. Lets put it this way, they havnt pissed me off YET. Where do you go for jotul parts?

thanks Henry

They didn't piss me off but lets say it was obvious that selling parts was not their bread and butter. They gave me the phone number to a rep. I just called him and ordered parts direct through him. It's been some time since i've talked to the guy so I don't know if the number is any good still.

Yes, I feel they are sell sell sell stoves and chimneys. I had run into the Oslo stickey air lever problem that has been discussed here a few times. Of courde they have never heard of that before. I sent My sales gal a few of the post, but just got a HUM!. The owner ask me if I wanted to start doing installs for them on a sub basis,(ya right). But all in all they have got me my stoves and chimney parts as promised, and I would gp back to them if I needed other items. Is there another stove dealer in this Area? Id like to check them out if there is

There is/was a dealer in Livonia, that's where I got mine originally. There is also a stove and supply place somewhere up by Flint...I don't recall the name of either of them and their names didn't come up in a quick google. If I find em' i'll post them for you. Heat N' Sweep is the biggest dealer i'm aware of though. Brighton Stone has some stuff or at least they used to...i'm sure the downturn in housing has put many of the smaller dealers out of business.

MisterMagoo said:
Well, here's my problem:
I bought a Jotul F500 Oslo, brown enamel finish last week and when it was delivered, there was a 1/2 long inch chip on the side door jamb, not visible when the door is closed. In addition there was another 1/2 long blemish (a series of white spots) on the top plate. There was another blemish high up on the side I would describe as looking kinda like a 2 inch long black line, as if someone marked it with a black Sharpie. It would not rub out.

My question is this:
The dealer, somewhat angrily, told me that all jotul stoves come w/ some flaws. It's just the way it is. I figured that I'd call Jotul but after a week of trying and leaving messages for 2 different people, it is unlikely that I'll get an answer from them. I just want to know what level of finish quality is acceptable? Since Jotul will not answer me, any Jotul dealers out there that can tell me.

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

MM

You bought an enamel Jotul F500 LAST WEEK and it was already delivered???? I was quoted the end of November. Who did you buy it from? I talked with Preston and they stated end of November., I'd prefer to get it sooner if possible. Anyone know of other Jotul dealers around CT?

I'd prefer to get it sooner if possible. Anyone know of other Jotul dealers around CT?[/quote]

Theres one in mass close to me.go on there dealer search.

johnnywarm said:
I'd prefer to get it sooner if possible. Anyone know of other Jotul dealers around CT?

Try
Yankee Doodle Inc. Stove and Fireplace Center
920 Danbury Rd
Wilton, CT 06897

Have had good experiences dealing with the owner Sam

Groundhog said:
johnnywarm said:
I'd prefer to get it sooner if possible. Anyone know of other Jotul dealers around CT?

Try
Yankee Doodle Inc. Stove and Fireplace Center
920 Danbury Rd
Wilton, CT 06897

Have had good experiences dealing with the owner Sam

Hows it going Groundhog :)

John

Good as long as the weather stays warm. It would be a lot better if my dealer came through with my new stove :)

Groundhog said:
Good as long as the weather stays warm. It would be a lot better if my dealer came through with my new stove :)

Good luck bud!! My former pellet stove pellet dealer lied to me this past summer about the pellet order :snake: .

My three cords of wood are stacked and drying.my stove is here and getting installed tomorrow.i will burn the last of the tree tons of pellets i got" just in-case" i was lied too :wow:

Again bud good luck.Keep us informed on you getting the stove.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.