Any Jotul insiders here?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bunsen

Nov 3, 2012
Hi everyone, I'm back to browsing here after a (very) long hiatus. We recently moved and will be in the market for a new wood stove shortly. We have a 50s-60s vibe going on at our new place and we've become very enamored with the white enamel Jotul F305 while looking around at options online. I called a couple of local dealers and have found that this model doesn't seem to be available in the US (although the gas version GF305 is). Does anyone know if they are planning to bring it to the states? Or, has anyone ever imported a stove from Europe? I know a few people in England and France who may be willing to assist.

Might be easier and less expensive to pick another stove with a white enamel jacket like the PE Super or Vista Classic.

Last edited:
It would certainly be easier... but it wouldn't have the same look. I tracked down a phone number where I could get a Jotul rep on the line and they confirmed that the F 305 is not available in the US and there is currently no plan to make it available here. The GF 305, which is the gas version of the same stove, is available in the US, but I'm not as interested in a gas stove... no ambiance. That would leave me with either importing one, or finding something else that has the look we're going after. Or, settling on a more traditional stove, which is probably what will end up happening.

Stop by at a Jotul dealer. Their modern gas stoves have a pretty nice flame.