Any Riello burner experts here

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mark123

Jan 27, 2009
PEI, Canada
My E180 woodgun has a Riello oil burner built into it. We use oil to heat domestic water in summer, recently the burner will fire for about 5 minutes then flame goes out, if I push reset it will fire again and burn for another 5 minutes or so and I have to keep doing this to get water up to temp (170). I put new oil filter and nozzle in a couple of months ago. Anything else I should check or change? Thanks

I contacted this guy with questions about changing nozzle size on a Beckett burner a few years back...ended up on the phone with him...he knows his stuff! The parts were primo and the price was right too.

I have a Riello burner i was thinking of using on my oil boiler
Are they more efficient?That's what i have heard about them.

May need a tune up. Maybe an air adjustment? Was also thinking photo eye but that should shut it off sooner than 5 minutes running. Assuming your oil pressure is good? Have a gauge on it?

Was also thinking photo eye but that should shut it off sooner than 5 minutes running
Unless it's just barely borderline?
Assuming your oil pressure is good? Have a gauge on it?
A gauge is a great diagnostic tool here!
Do these have in internal filter too? Becketts do...
EDIT: Looks like they do...the screen/filters leaning on the blue boxes in the picture of the ebay link...