Any Suggestions for an Easy Pour 1 Gallon Tank (or attachment)?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
New fuel pour spouts are pure bull leavings , a royal pain in the back side. Ridiculous prices for blow molded chicom plastic. every one i have had has always leaked where you screw the spout on. And I just love it when they swell up and roll over and of course leak at the spout container junction. ( it doesn't take a lot of temp change to accomplish this either)sooner or later someone is going to go out flip a light switch on and have the whole place go boom. Likely has already happened.

Yes I have had some cheap ones collapse due to temp drop vs fill time also.
You do realize the new cans prevent vapors excaping which is what would explode. Yes they swell and collapse with heat changes. But i have never had one leak.

How do you think it happened?
Hey, it was just sitting on the shelf with a small bit of fuel mix in it.
Sure, on their website they say they test to x psi, or whatever, but that's positive pressure. It further states, from memory, that vacuum collapse weakens the container and that it should not be used thereafter.
One of their suggestions is to periodically push the button to relieve pressure. But, doesn't that defeat the whole idea?

Reactions: Ashful