Any thoughts on Vermont Castings Intrepid IFT dv gas stove? Vs. Jotul GF 200 DV II Lillehammer?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Apr 8, 2024
MN
Thanks in advance for any help! I have been looking for a gas stove for my small space and the first dealer had the Jotul 200 lillehammer or the Lopi Northfield versions. I like that the Lopi deluxe could go down to 6700 BTUs to accommodate for my small space, but it is a lot more expensive than the Jotul. I stopped in a different store today and they have the Vermont castings Intrepid dv IFT. It has similar specs to the Jotul. They gave me a little better deal all around installation etc. but I'm not finding much information by way of review on the Vermont castings, And nothing on comparing it to other models. Whatever choice I make, I want to make sure I'm picking one that has a very good reputation for being reliable.
Any thoughts?