Need help with purchase or a replacement for current Dovre sapphire gas stove with either Lopi Greenfield or Jotul GF 500 DV Portland .

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dg0712

Sep 18, 2023
Massachusetts
Trying to decide between the Lopi Greenfield or Jotul GF 500 DV Portland direct vent gas stove to replace 25 year old Dovre Sapphire that I can no longer get replacement parts for.
Both of these units have about 10,000 more BTU than my current one, but I was told that wouldn’t be a problem because there’s a turn down feature if I want. I just can’t decide on which one I should get with the Lopi only having the Millivolt option and the Jotul having Millivolt or electronic option.
I cannot find many reviews on either brand so was wondering if anyone had any experience with either of these

Trying to decide between the Lopi Greenfield or Jotul GF 500 DV Portland direct vent gas stove to replace 25 year old Dovre Sapphire that I can no longer get replacement parts for.
Both of these units have about 10,000 more BTU than my current one, but I was told that wouldn’t be a problem because there’s a turn down feature if I want. I just can’t decide on which one I should get with the Lopi only having the Millivolt option and the Jotul having Millivolt or electronic option.
I cannot find many reviews on either brand so was wondering if anyone had any experience with either of these
I am also wondering if electronic option is reliable? I’m use to the millivolt and standing pilot however concerned that the millivolt option will be hard to service if manufacturers stop making