Any thoughts to allow posters to edit the title of a thread?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daveswoodhauler

Minister of Fire
May 20, 2008
Massachusetts
Had a recent situation where the fine members here helped me work through an issue in the DIY forum. I wanted to update my title to know that my situation had been resolved, so other posters wouldn't waste time reading my post...I thought in the old software we could edit the title? (I know the mods can, but figure they have enough on their hands cleaning up after all our messes, lol)
Just a thought.

Would love to see this myself. Great to be able to add to an old(ish) thread for ongoing projects and update the title with an "UPDATE 01/25/13 w/Pics" or similar. Is there a reason to not allow title editing? Didn't seem to be an issue before the changeover.

I'm sure the boss will address this...in the meantime please don't hesitate to message a Mod. Any of us will be happy to edit thread titles for you. Rick

This is not an option in the forum software - although it probably will exist in the next updated version. There may be an add-on which can do it.

In any case, I would still set a time limit on it - because allowing folks to rename the entire long thread a year or two after it was created seems excessive.

Status
Not open for further replies.