Any used a coleman camp grill?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jtp10181

Minister of Fire
Feb 26, 2007
Marshall, WI
Haven't used one, I've always been a white gas camper, but you are probably right about it being slower. I'd imagine that they are probably figuring on swapping the cooking time for increased portability. If you have the space, it might be possible to make a lid using some sort of sheet metal box, but I'm not promising...

Gooserider

I found the Coleman Roadmate on thier webpage and that thing looks awesome but its $220! Its a skillet / grill / stove all in one with a stand. I just bought a coleman LP skillet and this camp grill. We are going camping in a few weeks and I already test fired both of them and ran the grill (just the grate part) through the dishwaser to clean it. I will give it a shot and if its junk I bet I can make a good argument to return it. I like how compact it is so I hope it works well enough to keep.

RaodTrip: http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colemancom/detail.asp?product_id=9941-768&categoryid=2010

That Webber Q does look pretty slick: http://www.weber.com/q/

I owe one and have never used it as a 'grill'. It's a stove top and nothing more, use it to make coffee, fry bacon, that kind of stuff. It has a niche when camping, esp when you don't want to start a fire or bbq, the coleman gets hot quick. The big chunks of meat go on a typical charcoal bbq or the fire, weber is always a durable choice for a grill IMHO.

Well I will be trying it as a grill... hot dogs, burgers, maybe some steaks. We will see if it can handle it.

It actually worked pretty good. It was even able to cook the steaks without much trouble. I used it for brats, hot dogs, sausage, bacon, steaks, corn.

Status
Not open for further replies.