Anybody OCD about keeping the hopper full of pellets??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
helismash said:
Yep, as soon as I can get a bag in, I fill it.

Sounds like we all have the same "issue". OCD for sure here!!!!

Stay Warm,

AR

helismash said:
Yep, as soon as I can get a bag in, I fill it.

pfft!

i open a bag and pour part in and put the rest in a plastic tub nearby.

*MUST FILL HOPPER!*

My wife says I am OCD about the stove in general. It is my first year and I am using a note pad app on my phone to track when I open a bag.

PJPellet said:
thedak said:
And I mound them in the middle.

Yep me too, whenever I check the hopper.

I find myself doing this all the time now. I think it's your fault. You were the first one I saw mention it, and I just can't stand seeing a big hole in the middle.

Now that I have the pellet sifter, I rotate two 20 gal plastic tubs. One in the house and one in the shed with the sifter and stash. One tub fits two full bags.

I am mixing two different brands so there is plenty of fondling to get them "mixed properly". I have a "patent pending" scoop ala cut up windsheild washer jug to transfer pellets fron tub to hopper. (which takes place far more times a day than it needs to)

I don't know what is worse, the "keeping hopper full" syndrome, or the "cant pass a place that sells pellets without stopping to see what flavor they are serving today" syndrome!!

Attachments

• IMG_0977-1.jpg
    IMG_0977-1.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 273
pell it said:
Now that I have the pellet sifter, I rotate two 20 gal plastic tubs. One in the house and one in the shed with the sifter and stash. One tub fits two full bags.

I am mixing two different brands so there is plenty of fondling to get them "mixed properly". I have a "patent pending" scoop ala cut up windsheild washer jug to transfer pellets fron tub to hopper. (which takes place far more times a day than it needs to)

I don't know what is worse, the "keeping hopper full" syndrome, or the "cant pass a place that sells pellets without stopping to see what flavor they are serving today" syndrome!!

index.php

hahaha! the only difference is that my tub is blue. :)

Went to the local feed store to buy some sunflower seed for the bird feeders, last Saturday. As I walked past the open by-the-pound-bins, I had an almost uncontrolable urge to smooth the alfalfa rabbit food pellets. Luckily, there was a large sign that said "Rabbit Food" , which returned my sanity just long enough for me to walk past :).

Waterbug said:
Went to the local feed store to buy some sunflower seed for the bird feeders, last Saturday. As I walked past the open by-the-pound-bins, I had an almost uncontrolable urge to smooth the alfalfa rabbit food pellets. Luckily, there was a large sign that said "Rabbit Food" , which returned my sanity just long enough for me to walk past :).

...but I wonder how they burn? :p

76brian said:
Waterbug said:

...but I wonder how they burn? :p

Drop that line of thought, or the next thing you know, rabbits all over the country will be starving to death. :(

jdege said:
My wife says I am OCD about the stove in general. It is my first year and I am using a note pad app on my phone to track when I open a bag.

Good idea! I am totally becoming OCD!!

cuznvin said:
jdege said:

Good idea! I am totally becoming OCD!!

Now there is an idea for someone to work on, a Pellet Stove app. Of course a link to this forum would be a must, but it could also track pellett prices, manufacturer's recalls, stove prices, personal pellet consumption, daily outside temps, etc.

EDIT: It could even have a pellet immage that would allow you OCDs to cyber-fondle your pellets by stroking your smart phone screen. :)

Keep playing with your pellets and you're all gunna go blind!

Just until I need glasses. Wait a minute I have to wear bifocals now :gulp:

SmokeyTheBear said:
j-takeman said:
If we keep playing with them, we could look like johnny???

LOL
Keep laughing guys, keep laughing. Sticks and stone, sticks and stones. :shut:

AW1223 said:
I keep a plastic storage bin (with lid) close so I can use a scoop to top off if a whole bag won"t fit. Any one else have a disorder like this? Everytime I get close to the stove I like to top it off.

I'm a newb and glad to hear that I'm not the only one with that disorder.
Another advantage of the storage bin is that it makes it easier for my wife or kids to feed the stove without the hassle of pouring pellets from a bag into the narrow hopper door of the insert.

Status
Not open for further replies.