Anyone ever have their stove do this (pic included)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KYrob

Hearth Supporter
Jan 8, 2010
KY
Was watching the stove burn and the secondaries were doing their thing when flame started coming out of the primary inlet damper. The inlet is in the bottom front center of the stove and the air coming in was immediately combusting. Never seen it do that before and wondering if any of you have or know why it did it.

Rob

Attachments

• flame.jpg
    flame.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 464
  • flame1.jpg
    flame1.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 467
  • flame2.jpg
    flame2.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 469
That's pretty wicked looking! I'm pretty sure it means you have a demonic poltergeist somewhere in the house. Good luck! :lol:

You had wood that was out-gassing and hot enough to burn just lacked the air. As such, it burned as soon as it got it.

pen

pen said:
You had wood that was out-gassing and hot enough to burn just lacked the air. As such, it burned as soon as it got it.

pen
I agree with pen.

I've seen that from the intake manifold in the front of my stove before. Shouldn't be anything to worry about unless they are shooting very large and constantly.

I've seen that with my quad before... happened when I had a roaring fire....

Status
Not open for further replies.