Anyone following the Women's World Cup Football?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Great soccer. The US team is doing really well and firing on all cylinders. England has a very aggressive team. In this match the US goalie had a busy time.

Last edited:
Reactions: thewoodlands
Watched the game yesterday. Casual fan.

My wife worked for Novartis, a swiss company. We moved to MA for her job. TVs in conference rooms would have the World Cup on. Lots of people would go to local pubs for afternoon games.

Will watch a lot of the Tour de France starting Saturday at, I think, 6:30 AM eastern time. Will watch it live when we can and will watch the nightly broadcast for a month.

Reactions: thewoodlands
Will watch a lot of the Tour de France starting Saturday

We used to have TDF breakfast parties at 4 am to watch it live. I was in Paris the day that Greg Lemond beat Laurent Fignon by eight seconds to take the yellow - pretty wild to see a million people go nuts! Unfortunately I can't bear to watch it anymore after the drug farce it's become.

Congratulations USA, world champions again. Congratulations also to the Netherlands who helped make the final a great game and I am sure they will be the first to say the best team won.

Reactions: begreen
... I can't bear to watch it anymore after the drug farce it's become …

My wife watched Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries on PBS. Cute show.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_Fisher's_Murder_Mysteries

The lead actor gave up competitive cycling since you couldn't compete unless you doped.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_Fisher's_Murder_Mysteries

A former cyclist, Page attended the Australian Institute of Sport[2] with Stuart O'Grady and competed in Europe with Lance Armstrong.[3][4] He retired from professional cycling at the age of 19 due to various injuries and because he could not remain competitive in Europe without performance-enhancing drugs.[5] He recalled "It was an era that was plagued by drugs and it was very hard to see your way through to a long career... because I stayed clean, you could beat them some of the time, but not all of the time."[3]

I hope the dopers in professional baseball never get into the HOF.

Reactions: AlbergSteve
Congratulations USA, world champions again. Congratulations also to the Netherlands who helped make the final a great game and I am sure they will be the first to say the best team won.
Impressive win. I didn't get up at 0 dark 30 am to watch, but from the highlights it looks like it was a great game. Kudos to both teams.

... I love most women's sports especially UCONN basketball …

I'm a UConn men and women fan. Was there for a year, '85 - '86. Best ice cream in New England. :)

This was pretty funny on the women's recruit from Poland.

https://www.ctpost.com/sports/article/Makurat-adjusting-quickly-to-America-UConn-14067859.php

“She showed me her letter of intent,” the UConn coach said, smiling broadly as he prepared to uncork a joke last week during his charity golf tournament at Hartford Golf Club. “She said it doesn’t say anything in here about having to play defense … "