Anyone have a Bunton mower?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

saewoody

Feeling the Heat
Feb 15, 2017
CT
I'm looking for a good up close image of the decal on the deck. My neighbor runs a print shop and can make me a new one, but I would like to give him a better image than any I seem to be able to find online.
So far this is the best I can find, but I think the original has some color around the edges that may have painted over in this pic.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c200/zimbobthelandscaper/bunton003.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought I was just copying a picture, but apparently the link opens up an entire photo album. [emoji51]

Reactions: Ashful
bunton004.jpg

Reactions: saewoody
Thanks velvetfoot. That's actually the same mower I had found in the link I had posted. I appreciate the help!

I don't know about a classic, but definitely older. I just wanted to clean it up a bit.

I had a1958 or so 28 inch Bunton years ago. I bought it used of course and gave it later to a neighbor.I even bought a new Engine for it. Hubby got tired of working on it....
Now the 28 inch one I have Now..,ah I bought back in the late 90s from our former neighbor when he no longer could physically mow his yard.I had asked him long before if he would sale it to me give me first dibs that is... when he could no longer do so... Swell guy, he kept it immaculate and in his garage and had it regulrly serviced..
I believe I still have the original sales receipt he gave me with paperwork. I even added a sulky for it and he had grass catcher...Now still have His mower. brought it with us in our move from the city.. We only had a regular 1/4 acre or less yard then..... too much now yard that is... Hubby still gets it out once in a while.. The DA that bought our(bigger city) house didnt want it...
I didnt realize Buntons were sold in other states...
just chiming in

Thanks for chiming in. Mine has been great for the past 13 years that I have owned it. It belonged to a landscaper for quite a few years before that. I figure it's 25-30 years old now.

Thanks for chiming in. Mine has been great for the past 13 years that I have owned it. It belonged to a landscaper for quite a few years before that. I figure it's 25-30 years old now.

Great but never seen a red one..
How did it end up in New York. ah I mean Connecticut?????
We thought they were made close to us In Ky. by our former home....
My two are green with yellow . ah mine now prob from early 1960s... Receipt is at other house in a file cabinet...
Just a suggestion...dont forget the transmission oil,,, Of course mine doesnt have a battery or place for one. I
got the cutest little trim mower bought it used to many years ago. It orange and the blade is prob 12 inch with a single front wheel. Its such a cutie..we think Bunton might have made it too.... or at least sold them.
I spent a lot of time over Bunton parts dept. LOL
take care good luck

Great but never seen a red one..
How did it end up in New York. ah I mean Connecticut?????
We thought they were made close to us In Ky. by our former home....
My two are green with yellow . ah mine now prob from early 1960s... Receipt is at other house in a file cabinet...
Just a suggestion...dont forget the transmission oil,,, Of course mine doesnt have a battery or place for one. I
got the cutest little trim mower bought it used to many years ago. It orange and the blade is prob 12 inch with a single front wheel. Its such a cutie..we think Bunton might have made it too.... or at least sold them.
I spent a lot of time over Bunton parts dept. LOL
take care good luck

It is in fact green (not sure why you thought it was red). It originally belonged to my buddy's dad who was a landscaper on Long Island in NY. It's getting worn looking now, but it still runs and functions great. I was going to clean it up, but I just bought a new mower that was too good a deal to pass up, so I am going to try to sell it as is. Here's a pic for your curiosity. IMG_5124.JPGIMG_5123.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
great pic.... but funny how something from Ky ended up North......I think the year is in that number.
An actual Bunton showroom salesman told me, and I thought i had it written down ,how to tell the age of a Bunton mower..back in the 1980s...

I don't suppose it's any different than Ariens snowblowers from WI being one of the most popular brands you find in New England.

I have 2 52" buntons as well. Still need a close up pic of the decal?

Thanks for the offer. I actually ended up selling the mower a few weeks ago. Believe it or not, I sold it for what I paid for it almost 13 years ago! I must have gotten a good deal or they just hold their value really well.

Reactions: Dieselhead